Author Topic: Trump to Dems: Investigate me and you’ll find it works both ways  (Read 625 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump to Dems: Investigate me and you’ll find it works both ways

Ed Morrissey Posted at 10:01 am on November 7, 2018

Does it really? Naah, but it makes for a good sound bite the day after your political opponents finally get their hands on subpoena power. Donald Trump greeted the new House majority this morning by suggesting that he’d order investigations of House Democrats if they go overboard on oversight:

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

If the Democrats think they are going to waste Taxpayer Money investigating us at the House level, then we will likewise be forced to consider investigating them for all of the leaks of Classified Information, and much else, at the Senate level. Two can play that game!
7:04 AM - Nov 7, 2018

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/11/07/trump-dems-investigate-youll-find-works-ways/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Trump to Dems: Investigate me and you’ll find it works both ways
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 04:46:03 pm »
I think Trump actually has been looking forward to this.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 04:47:50 pm »
Donald Trump greeted the new House majority this morning by suggesting that he’d order investigations of House Democrats if they go overboard on oversight

Not really.  He can’t order the Senate to do anything.  He could order the DOJ to open a counter-intelligence investigation.  That would just invite more scrutiny from the House Judiciary Committee.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 04:48:14 pm »

So have I. We still have the small matter of the Kavanaugh smearing and Russia leaks. House investigations are worthless grandstanding. Justice Department investigations send people to federal prison.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 04:49:51 pm »

Not really.  He can’t order the Senate to do anything.  He could order the DOJ to open a counter-intelligence investigation.  That would just invite more scrutiny from the House Judiciary Committee.

The Justice Dept is under the preview of the Executive Branch. These corrupt House members won't be able to do shit if they are under investigation.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 04:53:23 pm »
So have I. We still have the small matter of the Kavanaugh smearing and Russia leaks. House investigations are worthless grandstanding. Justice Department investigations send people to federal prison.

Exactly. Go ahead, call me to your committee for investigating you. I'll call you before a grand jury before convicting you.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 04:57:42 pm »

@dfwgator

I agree. It's almost like he is saying "come into my parlor...".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 04:57:45 pm »
The Justice Dept is under the preview of the Executive Branch. These corrupt House members won't be able to do shit if they are under investigation.

Except his tweet specifically says the investigations would be through the Senate.  He has no authority over what they do.  The House Judiciary Committee would almost certainly open their own inquiry, if he ordered a DOJ investigation.  It’d just be another round of the same nonsense we saw over the past two years - endless subpoenas of DOJ officials, testimony from people like Wray and Rosenstein, along with threats of contempt and impeachment.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 04:59:16 pm »
Exactly. Go ahead, call me to your committee for investigating you. I'll call you before a grand jury before convicting you.

@Free Vulcan

The part that makes ME smile is I honestly believe he is going to do this anyhow in 2021 if he is re-elected. With control of the Senate he can pretty much put anyone he wants in the Justice Department and there is nothing the Dims can do about it.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 05:00:03 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 05:22:09 pm »
@Free Vulcan

The part that makes ME smile is I honestly believe he is going to do this anyhow in 2021 if he is re-elected. With control of the Senate he can pretty much put anyone he wants in the Justice Department and there is nothing the Dims can do about it.

Gotta say, it IS kinda fun having Trump as President.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 02:34:09 am »
Once more I just have to say it:

"I can't spare this man... he fights!"

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 02:46:03 am »

Me, too @sneakypete

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 02:41:38 pm »
Gotta say, it IS kinda fun having Trump as President.

Yeah that's what its all about.  Entertainment.  One scandal to the next.   One investigation, one leak, one more firing.  One shocking admission to the press, one scandalous book or another.  Someone is indicted and we spend months talking about it on FOX News.  Reality television government.  Meanwhile nothing gets done.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2018, 04:10:03 pm »
Yeah that's what its all about.  Entertainment.  One scandal to the next.   One investigation, one leak, one more firing.  One shocking admission to the press, one scandalous book or another.  Someone is indicted and we spend months talking about it on FOX News.  Reality television government.  Meanwhile nothing gets done.

Actually, a great deal has gotten done.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.