Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke for President in 2020? Defeat to Ted Cruz Increases Odds of Run Against Donald Trump  (Read 1874 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Beto O’Rourke for President in 2020? Defeat to Ted Cruz Increases Odds of Run Against Donald Trump
By Jason Le Miere On 11/6/18 at 10:51 PM

Beto O’Rourke fell agonizingly short of becoming the first Democrat in a quarter of a century to win a statewide race in Texas but he may yet get a shot at an even bigger prize. O’Rourke, who was projected to lose to Republican incumbent Ted Cruz on Tuesday, had vowed that he would serve out his full six-year term in the Senate if victorious and would not run for president in 2020.

But a defeat frees him of those obligations. And given how close he got to unseating a Republican in the ruby-ed Lone Star State, he is sure to face loud calls from Democrats to run for the party’s nomination for the White House. Indeed, those cries had begun even before the results in the race were final on Tuesday.

more
https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-president-2020-odds-1204849?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=NewsweekTwitter
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I hope the fake Hispanic has the fake Indian running with him.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Caleb Hull @CalebJHull 9m

"Hi, my name is Nacho. Nacho Senator."

10:40 AM - 7 Nov 2018
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

:rolling:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So,a loss now qualifies him to lose again in 2020?

There is no shortage of Dim losers,so why the fake Mexican?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I hope the fake Hispanic has the fake Indian running with him.

Dream ticket, right?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Twitchy wouldn't even win his home state if he ran. His history of corruption would be exposed. He is still under FEC investigation for illegal foreign campaign donations. Throw the book at him. Throwing unprecedented amounts of money at the senate race, MSM adoration, and a rabid fanbase of empty-headed millennials couldn't get him across the finish line.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
austingirl wrote:
"Throwing unprecedented amounts of money at the senate race, MSM adoration, and a rabid fanbase of empty-headed millennials couldn't get him across the finish line."

Well, I dunno, girl.
He came pretty durn close to "gettin' across the finish line" last night.

How many times did Lincoln lose, before he started winning?
(granted, he's no Abe, but the point still stands)

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I despise Jimmy Kimel, but he was on TV and I stopped to watch a couple minutes of his monologue where he said some Hollywood folks are suggesting O'Rourke would make a great presidential candidate in 2020.  And Kimel said words to the affect, 'yes, they want a guy that could not beat Ted Cruz to take on the guy that bested Cruz in 2016 in the presidential race, that makes a whole lot of sense.'

Sorry everyone, it will be HR Clinton unless Oprah runs.  Oprah would be hard to beat if she ran, despite the fact that Wikipedia claims she was a crack whore to two men prior to her fame.

Offline DB

Then they can add another zero to the $70 million they burned against Cruz...

Offline Full Nelson

Beto never stood a chance against Cruz, it was obvious.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Word on the news here is that both Cory Booker and Michael Bloomberg are considering running,

If so, Beto doesn’t really have a chance, not in 2020 anyway. Maybe 2024 to run but not against these guys.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Word on the news here is that both Cory Booker and Michael Bloomberg are considering running,

If so, Beto doesn’t really have a chance, not in 2020 anyway. Maybe 2024 to run but not against these guys.

@Freya

I  hope Bloomberg runs because if he does,there won't be a dime of his money spent covertly to help any of the other communist candidates.

Plus,he will have to come out of the shadows a little and expose himself.

Win/win for America.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Of course, fake 'Beto' will run. That was always the point from the beginning. The whole 'Beto' thing was a very obvious play on Obama. He wanted a one-word name, like Obama. He wanted to hide his White roots, like Obama. And, he wanted to jump from the Senate to the presidency, like Obama. He was the Democrat sock puppet copy of Obama.

Now here is the funny part. For some reason that most sane people cannot fathom, the Liberals still think that Obama is a powerhouse vote magnet. Why they still believe that, no one knows? The whole plan was for "Beto" to ride Obama's coattails into the White House. Liberals can't digest the idea that Obama has no coattails. In fact, the opposite is true. The people who allowed him to support them (many candidates refused his support or help) lost.

No one has ever accused a Liberal of being smart, but maybe they got a dose of hard reality with this election. Nobody wants Obama anymore. All we want is for him to get stoned, play golf, go to Hollywood parties, which is what he is best at, and to Shut the Hell Up! Even most Democrats want that. And he should take Shillary with him.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Twitchy wouldn't even win his home state if he ran.
Neither did Donald Trump.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
For some reason that most sane people cannot fathom, the Liberals still think that Obama is a powerhouse vote magnet. Why they still believe that, no one knows? The whole plan was for "Beto" to ride Obama's coattails into the White House. Liberals can't digest the idea that Obama has no coattails. In fact, the opposite is true. The people who allowed him to support them (many candidates refused his support or help) lost.
Well, he is a powerhouse vote magnet—for himself. 2012 illustrated that perfectly. That's the problem with people who develop cults of personality; they can't transfer that to other people. That's why, when it comes their time to die, they panic. Huey Long, Hugo Chavez.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
austingirl wrote:
"Throwing unprecedented amounts of money at the senate race, MSM adoration, and a rabid fanbase of empty-headed millennials couldn't get him across the finish line."

Well, I dunno, girl.
He came pretty durn close to "gettin' across the finish line" last night.

How many times did Lincoln lose, before he started winning?
(granted, he's no Abe, but the point still stands)

The dems hate Texas and they hate Ted Cruz.  They threw tons of money at Beto, probably a lot from Soros.  I am amazed that it was close.  Beto is history.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
@Freya

I  hope Bloomberg runs because if he does,there won't be a dime of his money spent covertly to help any of the other communist candidates.

Plus,he will have to come out of the shadows a little and expose himself.

Win/win for America.

Yes but if he gets the nomination, and runs against Trump, it would be New York running against New York. People may not care. Like the Yankees and the Mets in the World Series. Did t get a lot of viewers National @sneakypete
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 06:07:25 pm by Freya »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

And in NOV 2020

Nacho President.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
I just remembered 2016 was between two New Yorkers.

I still think of Hillary as being Arkansas though even though she’s living in New York.strange.

I guess what works as a snooze fest in sports didn’t work in politics or it was just that Election was different, to the rule. Draw your own conclusions

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I take his strong performance in Texas, as a warning the GOP-conservative brand needs a lot of work.

Race and generational demographics are aggainst that brand.

Some on this forum, predicted Cruz would win by Ten Percent.

IMO the GOP party "leaders" should make it top priority, to find peace with President Trump, and settle on an image-brand-political philosophy going forward.

(following their devastating defeat in 2016, the dems DID make big adjustments).

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline kevindavis007

Yes but if he gets the nomination, and runs against Trump, it would be New York running against New York. People may not care. Like the Yankees and the Mets in the World Series. Did t get a lot of viewers National @sneakypete

If Bloomberg is the nominee, Trump should win easily and here is why. All Trump has to do is say that Bloomberg will ban guns, and he will dictate on what we eat.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Freya

Name ONE Republican you know that wouldn't struggle on foot through a blizzard to vote for anyone running against Bloomberg.

Now consider that chances are Trump is going to be a lot more popular by 2020.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I take his strong performance in Texas, as a warning the GOP-conservative brand needs a lot of work.

Race and generational demographics are aggainst that brand.

Some on this forum, predicted Cruz would win by Ten Percent.

IMO the GOP party "leaders" should make it top priority, to find peace with President Trump, and settle on an image-brand-political philosophy going forward.

(following their devastating defeat in 2016, the dems DID make big adjustments).

We don't' know and probably won't ever know the extent of illegal voting that helped Twitchy.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Fantasize all you want.  It will be

TRUMP vs CLINTON in 2020