Author Topic: “We Got Tons of Them”: Texas AG Investigates Reports of Illegals Voting  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

https://www.toddstarnes.com/politics/we-got-tons-of-them-texas-ag-investigates-reports-of-illegals-voting/

The Texas Attorney General’s office confirms to the Todd Starnes Show they are investigating a report that illegal aliens were permitted to vote in Travis County, Texas.

“We received the Project Veritas video last night and have opened an investigation into the conduct displayed,” said Jeff Mateer, the first assistant attorney general.

Project Veritas filmed poll workers alleging that “tons” of so-called Dreamers were permitted to cast ballots in early voting.

“We got a lot of them – early voters,” the poll worker says.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
The problem is that illegal aliens could be permitted to vote in ANY county in Texas.  The poll workers only have to confirm they are registered and have a valid ID confirming their address, which could be a utility bill. They are not permitted to address citizenship.  That is handled on the State level.  Until problem of processing registration is resolved, every state will have the issue of illegal aliens voting.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Same day registration like that which passed in Michigan doesn’t help either.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online libertybele

The problem is that illegal aliens could be permitted to vote in ANY county in Texas.  The poll workers only have to confirm they are registered and have a valid ID confirming their address, which could be a utility bill. They are not permitted to address citizenship.  That is handled on the State level.  Until problem of processing registration is resolved, every state will have the issue of illegal aliens voting.

Weren't all states supposed to become Real ID compliant?  In order for an individual to get a license or state ID , you have to prove citizenship through a certified birth certificate, name change with marriage license, proof of domicile with a utility bill, rental agreement, or mortgage deed, etc.

The problem to my knowledge is that voter registration doesn't have the same requirements.  I think we need to make EVERYONE voting, become Real ID compliant in order to vote.  It should be a requirement to vote that one must be real ID compliant and use that ID at the polls along with their voting registration card.  Those that are not Real ID compliant, would need to get a Real ID license and register to vote at that time.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 02:11:32 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Same day registration like that which passed in Michigan doesn’t help either.

Same day?  That's absolutely ridiculous.  Revamping voting laws needs to change, but that's an issue at the State level and something that the GOP needs to strongly work on and push for. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

You guys got some problems there that need resolving before the next election.

Offline RetBobbyMI

You guys got some problems there that need resolving before the next election.
It ain’t just a Texas problem.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online libertybele

Indeed.  The RNC needs to get their act together BIGLY before the general!

Offline RetBobbyMI

Indeed.  The RNC needs to get their act together BIGLY before the general!
I’m not sure the RNC has enough gonads to put up much a fight.

Offline Frank Cannon

Well it's not a PA problem. Wetbacks won't even live here. People from Jersey are another matter though. We need a wall along the Delaware River.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Well it's not a PA problem. Wetbacks won't even live here. People from Jersey are another matter though. We need a wall along the Delaware River.

Texas has plenty of problems to deal with for sure and is a LOT less red now than it was.  Looks like all those people moving to Texas from liberal hellholes don't remember why they had to move in the first place!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Same day?  That's absolutely ridiculous.  Revamping voting laws needs to change, but that's an issue at the State level and something that the GOP needs to strongly work on and push for.

@libertybele

You think that's bad? Some states don't require ANY ID to vote. You just show up and give them a name,and if that name is on the records,you get to vote. I can practically guarantee you that the majority of the people featured in obituaries in those states over the last year voted Dim yesterday. 
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Hang on a minute:

What if I don't have a driver's license, personal identification number, OR a social security number? Can I still register to vote in Texas?

A voter who has not been issued a driver’s license or social security number may register to vote, but such voter must submit proof of identification when presenting himself/herself for voting or with his/her mail-in ballots, if voting by mail.  These voters’ names are flagged on the official voter registration list with the annotation of “ID.”  The “ID” notation instructs the poll worker to request a proper form of identification from these voters when they present themselves for voting, unless they are a voter with a permanent exemption on the voter registration certificate. The voter must present one of the seven (7) acceptable forms of identification:

Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
    Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
    Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
    Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
    United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
    United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
    United States passport

https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/pamphlets/largepamp.shtml

Offline dfwgator

Talk is cheap.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

That is totally wrong.  Unless, of course, the utility bill is marked 'paid' in which case they might not be illegals.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RetBobbyMI

And make Jersey pay for it.  They need more taxes.

• Native Texan
Weren't all states supposed to become Real ID compliant?  In order for an individual to get a license or state ID , you have to prove citizenship through a certified birth certificate, name change with marriage license, proof of domicile with a utility bill, rental agreement, or mortgage deed, etc.

The problem to my knowledge is that voter registration doesn't have the same requirements.  I think we need to make EVERYONE voting, become Real ID compliant in order to vote.  It should be a requirement to vote that one must be real ID compliant and use that ID at the polls along with their voting registration card.  Those that are not Real ID compliant, would need to get a Real ID license and register to vote at that time.

That's all true ... but the poll official told me that they do not have access to the data on the ID.  He said, "That falls under state authority."  The only thing they can check with the ID is the registered address.  A voter registration card is not required in Brazoria County.  I always take mine with me.  They say,  "Oh we don't need that." These are the things that prompted my questions to the officials.  I questioned them about verifying citizenship using the Driver's License and they don't have the authority to use it in that manner.

• Native Texan
Hang on a minute:

Here's the rest of the story:

Do not possess and cannot reasonably obtain one of these IDs? Fill out a declaration at the polls describing a reasonable impediment to obtaining it, and show a copy or original of one of the following supporting forms of ID:

A government document that shows your name and an address, including your voter registration certificate;
            Current utility bill;
            Bank statement;
            Government check;
            Paycheck; or
            (a) A certified domestic (from a U.S. state or territory) birth  certificate or (b) a document confirming birth admissible in a court of law which establishes your identity (which may include a foreign birth document).

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Do not possess and cannot reasonably obtain one of these IDs? Fill out a declaration at the polls describing a reasonable impediment to obtaining it, and show a copy or original of one of the following supporting forms of ID:

A government document that shows your name and an address, including your voter registration certificate;
            Current utility bill;
            Bank statement;
            Government check;
            Paycheck; or
            (a) A certified domestic (from a U.S. state or territory) birth  certificate or (b) a document confirming birth admissible in a court of law which establishes your identity (which may include a foreign birth document).

What?  Were does that come from? 

• Native Texan
What?  Were does that come from?

@Sanguine

https://www.votetexas.gov/register-to-vote/need-id.html

This same information is displayed at my polling place.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline RetBobbyMI

Current utility bill;
            Bank statement;
            Government check;
            Paycheck; or

So if someone without these credentials was told to go to a designated poll worker that wasn't checking these things, they could cast a ballot illegally.

• Native Texan
So if someone without these credentials was told to go to a designated poll worker that wasn't checking these things, they could cast a ballot illegally.

It's not as easy as that.  When I voted they input my name from my DL.  I assumed they were checking my voter registration as they once did manually with a voter registration printout.

Offline RetBobbyMI

It's not as easy as that.  When I voted they input my name from my DL.  I assumed they were checking my voter registration as they once did manually with a voter registration printout.
Could be you voted at an honest polling location.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

I am sure that illegals vote in Washington State.  I know they do in California too.  It is quite possible that Dems may not have won the house if it wasn't for voter fraud.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.