Author Topic: Joey Jones: SNL's Navy SEAL joke was cowardly and shows they have no respect  (Read 220 times)

rangerrebew

Joey Jones: SNL's Navy SEAL joke was cowardly and shows they have no respect

By Johnny "Joey" Jones

Published November 05, 2018
Fox News

On Saturday night I spoke at a dinner filled with patriotic Americans gathered to support a small charity that pairs service dogs from kill shelters with veterans struggling to cope with life after war. I began with a simple yet effective shot at humor: “I used to be a bomb tech [pointing down at my amputated legs]. Obviously, I wasn’t that good at it.” The audience laughed with me, but not until I gave permission that it was in fact ok to laugh.

While I was speaking, another man who has sacrificed so much in war was also the focus of a joke. Comedian Pete Davidson was performing a skit on Saturday Night Live in which he mocked Republican candidates across the country. One of these, Dan Crenshaw, is a Navy SEAL who lost his right eye to an IED in an incident not unlike the one that took my legs.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/joey-jones-snls-navy-seal-joke-was-cowardly-and-shows-they-have-no-respect