Author Topic: Four Reasons Why Democrats Winning The House Might Not Be So Bad  (Read 679 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Four Reasons Why Democrats Winning The House Might Not Be So Bad
« on: November 05, 2018, 09:03:10 pm »
Four Reasons Why Democrats Winning The House Might Not Be So Bad
Scott Morefield

Posted: Nov 05, 2018 12:01 AM

Don’t let the headline deceive you. I’m hopeful, even somewhat optimistic, about Republican chances on Tuesday, and the thought of losing even one iota of ground to these sanctimonious blowhards repulses me to my core. But I’m also realistic to the possibility that Tuesday could be a good day for Republicans, especially in the Senate, yet - because of a variety of factors at play - the House of Representatives may be lost.

Yes, it could be a slim margin, but whether it’s one member or twenty, for the next two years the results will be the same as far as the House is concerned. As Ann Coulter aptly stated in this Daily Caller video about preventing a “Blue Tsunami,” “there’s no dimmer switch” when it comes to House control. “It’s on or it’s off. If they win, the Democrats win by one vote. It’s lights out for the Trump agenda.”

I agree with Coulter’s assessment, for the most part. If they win the majority in the House, they get to pick the speaker, the chairmanships, and set the agenda. They get to investigate, hold hearings, subpoena Trump officials, and even - should the ever-growing wing-nut-wing of their party prevail - vote to impeach President Trump. Sure, the whole circus promises to be extremely entertaining and a gold mine for reporters like myself, but it’ll be ugly, and the chances of anything really conservative coming through are about the same as California going red.

But I don’t agree with Coulter’s last sentence. Far from being “lights out” for Trump’s agenda, in some ways I think there could be a few silver linings to having to endure Democrat control of the House for the next two years, and they don’t all have to do with getting millions of clicks from the coming hilarious hijinks from the likes of Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Here are four reasons why Democratic control of the House may not be so bad.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/scottmorefield/2018/11/05/four-reasons-why-democrats-winning-the-house-might-not-be-so-bad-n2534876
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Four Reasons Why Democrats Winning The House Might Not Be So Bad
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 10:41:52 pm »
Sorry, the opposite of 'bad'is 'good', and I can never say anything good comes from a Democrat gavel.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 01:28:59 am »
The Dems need to be put down hard and stomped this election. I realize the GOP may or may not get thru what we want and risk another do-nothing Congress, but the Dems need to be put into a complete tailspin for the future good of the country.

The need to understand that their Antifa anarchy reindeer games won't be tolerated.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 12:16:40 pm »
Some of what this guy writes may be true,but iMHO he is whistling as he walks past the graveyard because HE is convinced the Dims are going to take the House.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 12:53:01 pm »
I can live with losing the House, ideally by only a seat or two. The prospect of Pelosi's brain-freeze episodes being the front-and-center face of the party has some appeal, and she'd be a sitting duck for Trump's merciless scorn.  Holding the House with a razor-thin majority might feel good, but given our lack of leadership it could be the worst scenario heading into 2020.

OTOH, holding the Senate is crucial to restoring balance to the judiciary...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 05:18:04 pm »
There is No Winning By Losing…the House

https://spectator.org/there-is-no-winning-by-losing-the-house/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 05:24:53 pm »
If the Dems win the House, one of two things is likely to happen.   One, the House may become headquarters for the harassment and impeachment of the President, dedicated to obstructionism and effectively shutting down legislative activities for the next two years and setting up the ultimate battle for 2020.

Or, second,  the Dem majority may choose to work with moderate Republicans to craft centrist laws that can pass the Senate and be signed by the President.   It seems crazy to assume that the Dems may choose to act responsibly,   but there's a tradition of divided government leading to  centrist legislation.    Think welfare reform, signed into law by President Clinton.  Remember, too, that there's also history with respect to the scorched earth approach, also during the term of President Clinton, whose impeachment is generally seen to have backfired against Republicans.   
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 05:26:22 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 05:34:07 pm »
There is No Winning By Losing…the House

https://spectator.org/there-is-no-winning-by-losing-the-house/

As far as Conservative principles went, there was no winning by wining the House and Senate either.

Just more of the same march to Statism, albeit a tad slower and with rebranding as part of the GOP name.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 06:14:33 pm »
If the Dems win the House, one of two things is likely to happen.   One, the House may become headquarters for the harassment and impeachment of the President, dedicated to obstructionism and effectively shutting down legislative activities for the next two years and setting up the ultimate battle for 2020.
Ponder, if it came to all that:

1) A Damnocratic House just might impeach President Tweety, but it would collapse in a Senate trial.
2) You say "shutting down legislative activities" as though that's a terrible thing. (All things considered otherwise, the least harm to be done to the country would be a lack of legislative activity assuming Congress gets religion and starts a) pondering repeal of laws---which probably means about 7/8ths of them---that do nothing more than turn government into a public nuisance; and, b) slapping down presidents who think they are or are supposed to be lawmakers.)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 10:36:09 pm »
As far as Conservative principles went, there was no winning by wining the House and Senate either.

Just more of the same march to Statism, albeit a tad slower and with rebranding as part of the GOP name.
love the optimism displayed.

You are living in old testament times while the world is in the new testament.

Ever hear of the term 'Good News'?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 11:12:56 pm »
love the optimism displayed.

You are living in old testament times while the world is in the new testament.

Ever hear of the term 'Good News'?

You're just part of the Isaiah30:10 culture that hates to hear the truth if it is not smooth and easy things to soothe your sensibilities.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2018, 11:38:08 pm »
You're just part of the Isaiah30:10 culture that hates to hear the truth if it is not smooth and easy things to soothe your sensibilities.
you really need to ponder what that term means.

You do not appear to from my discernment as you relentlessly attack instead.