Author Topic: ‘I didn’t say shoot’: Trump says migrants will be arrested, not shot, if they throw rocks  (Read 385 times)

rangerrebew

‘I didn’t say shoot’: Trump says migrants will be arrested, not shot, if they throw rocks
By: Tara Copp   1 day ago

President Donald Trump said Friday that if migrants approaching the U.S. border throw rocks at U.S. military or border patrol personnel like they did with Mexican authorities, they will be arrested, not potentially shot.

Trump was clarifying his previous remarks from the day before and appeared to walk back the suggestion that he would authorize the use of lethal force against a rock thrower.

“[The military] won’t have to fire. What I don’t want is these people throwing rocks .... What they did to the Mexican military is a disgrace. They hit them with rocks. Some were very seriously injured, and they were throwing rocks in their face.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/11/02/i-didnt-say-shoot-trump-says-migrants-will-be-arrested-not-shot-if-they-throw-rocks/?utm_campaign=New%20Campaign&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_term=Editorial%20-%20Army%20-%20Daily%20News%20Roundup
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 12:24:56 pm by rangerrebew »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Well, in news elsewhere it looks like a border patrol agent was killed very recently by a "migrant" wielding a rock as his weapon.

Would shooting in self-defense have been appropriate there?