Author Topic: It’s About National Security - And More - Solving the Caravan Problem  (Read 606 times)

rangerrebew

It’s About National Security - And More - Solving the Caravan Problem

Gary Anderson

The United States does not face existential threats to its sovereignty if caravans of Central American asylum seekers are permitted to cross the Mexican and United States borders with impunity - but - in the case of crossing the U.S. border, it would signal that American laws regarding immigration are no longer being enforced. Continued flaunting of rule of law would signify it mean nothing, and sovereignty as we know it is dead. If these groups succeed, hundreds of thousands will undoubtedly follow. Moreover, the caravan marchers are as much a threat to Mexican sovereignty as to our own. President Trump understands this, and he is drawing a line in the sand on the issue. Democrats who see tens of thousands of potential voters for their party are inviting disaster at the polls if they are seen as contributing to the loss of national sovereignty to a real -albeit peaceful- invasion of our country by allowing open borders. Some progressive politicians in urban areas have already undermined sovereignty with various sanctuary cities programs.

http://smallwarsjournal.com/jrnl/art/its-about-national-security-and-more-solving-caravan-problem

Offline Axeslinger

Thanks @rangerrebew for your diligent work at posting all these articles all the time.  I don’t comment to all of them all of the time, but I read quite a few of them.  Your work helps to make TBR all that it is.

Thank you.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Axeslinger wrote:
"Thanks @rangerrebew for your diligent work at posting all these articles all the time.  I don’t comment to all of them all of the time, but I read quite a few of them.  Your work helps to make TBR all that it is."

Yes, worth repeating.
I give the articles in the immigration subforum priority each day.
Much more important than the bickering in the Politics subforum!