Author Topic: The Message To Americans From A U.S. Soldier Killed In Afghanistan  (Read 285 times)

rangerrebew

The Message To Americans From A U.S. Soldier Killed In Afghanistan
By James LaPorta On 11/4/18 at 5:40 AM
BrentTaylor_Afghanistan

It was last Sunday when U.S. Army Major Brent Taylor took to his Facebook page to admire the beauty of democracy in Afghanistan as he posted pictures of Afghan men and women turning out to vote in the country’s first parliamentary elections in eight years despite threats of violence.

“The strong turnout, despite the attacks and challenges, was a success for the long-suffering people of Afghanistan and for the cause of human freedom,” Taylor wrote. “I am proud of the brave Afghan and US soldiers I serve with. Many American, NATO allies, and Afghan troops have died to make moments like this possible; for example, my dear friend Lieutenant Kefayatullah who was killed fighting the Taliban the day before voting began.”

Amid the political vitriol occurring 7,000 miles away back in the U.S. as the country becomes increasingly polarized before the midterm elections, Taylor concluded his Facebook post with a message to all of his fellow Americans.

https://www.newsweek.com/afghanistan-soldier-killed-us-1200422?piano_t=1