Author Topic: Robert Spencer: A message to my critics  (Read 189 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Robert Spencer: A message to my critics
« on: November 02, 2018, 09:52:18 pm »
Robert Spencer: A message to my critics
NOV 2, 2018 2:26 PM BY ROBERT SPENCER

Recently I’ve been called a “notorious Islamophobe” and an “anti-Muslim propagandist” in the Left-wing media, and while these charges aren’t new, I thought it worth noting today that they are based as much on ignorance as they are on malice. My message to my critics is this: if you knew what I know, you would agree with me.

Most people assume that the Qur’an, like the holy books of other religions, is full of lofty, high-minded teachings about the necessity to be benevolent, magnanimous, forgiving, and so on. They can’t imagine a holy book that exhorts believers to hatred and contempt of unbelievers, and that enjoins violence against them. But I’ve read the Qur’an multiple times and studied it for years, and can’t deny what I’ve found there.

Most people also assume that Muhammad, as the founder of one of the “world’s great religions,” was a Gandhiesque figure: genial, benign, wise, insightful, kind. That he was a warlord who called for the assassination of his enemies, held sex slaves, consummated a marriage with a child, and taught his followers that they would receive divine rewards for murder and plunder is simply unbelievable to some. But I’ve studied the earliest Islamic sources about Muhammad, and the evidence is unmistakable.

Read more at: https://www.jihadwatch.org/2018/11/robert-spencer-a-message-to-my-critics