Author Topic: Cheerleaders must be dropped from sport (POSTED FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY)  (Read 11291 times)

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Culture is not incapable of change. I think young men need to be taught that their emotions are normal and healthy instead of being made to feel like they're only men if they're stoic and emotionless. This stuff hurts everybody. It's not about just women being victims of sexism. Society has unfair expectations of both sexes.
Funny, but that sounds an awful lot like what liberals have been doing to boys for decades, why man up when it's preached in schools and elsewhere that it's normal for males to be feminine. Just look at the mess that has made of American boys, no rough housing, so many school yard games banned because they are (Oh my God) violent, no playing army......that glorifies guns!, there are no winners........it's not fair! Yes our young men have been taught emotions are normal, feminine ones. This outrage over men objectifying women? Wow something that has been going on forever we must suddenly stamp out. Men will always want to see pretty women, as much of them as possible, just as women will always want to see handsome men, as much of them as possible......as Playgirl proved. It is when people act on their fantasies that there is a problem, and there will always be individuals with mental health problems.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
man up

The only requirement for being a man is having the appropriate genitalia.

normal for males to be feminine.

Femininity and masculinity are social constructs that are detrimental to mental health. Society needs to stop telling people who they're supposed to be.

no rough housing, so many school yard games banned because they are (Oh my God) violent,

That happened because people in our society never miss an opportunity to sue anybody for anything. Schools got tired of dealing with it.

Yes our young men have been taught emotions are normal, feminine ones.

Just for clarification, which emotions are girl emotions and which ones are boy emotions? I didn't realize there's a difference.

This outrage over men objectifying women? Wow something that has been going on forever

That's not a good justification for ignoring something that's detrimental to the mental health of a lot of women. Society can and should be better than that, and it WILL be given enough time.

Men will always want to see pretty women, as much of them as possible, just as women will always want to see handsome men, as much of them as possible......as Playgirl proved. It is when people act on their fantasies that there is a problem, and there will always be individuals with mental health problems.[/size]

There's nothing wrong with some objectification; it's natural. The problem is that things are out of balance. Women are objectified too much and men are taught to not have emotions and be tough. Hm, I wonder why so many guys have a hard time appreciating women in a more emotional way.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 11:30:34 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Oceander

Femininity and masculinity are social constructs that are detrimental to mental health. Society needs to stop telling people who they're supposed to be.

That happened because people in our society never miss an opportunity to sue anybody for anything. Schools got tired of dealing with it.

Just for clarification, which emotions are girl emotions and which ones are boy emotions? I didn't realize there's a difference.

That's not a good justification for ignoring something that's detrimental to the mental health of a lot of women. Society can and should be better than that, and it WILL be given enough time.

There's nothing wrong with some objectification; it's natural. The problem is that things are out of balance. Women are objectified too much and men are taught to not have emotions and be tough. Hm, I wonder why so many guys have a hard time appreciating women in a more emotional way.

All good points.

Silver Pines

@RoosGirl

Not to mention the actual deed.

Not that I give a damn about other people doing it if it appeals to them. I don't care what other people do in the privacy of a cheap motel or their homes,as long as no children or innocent animals are involved,and the adults are all agreeable. None of my business.

I just don't "get it". Never have,never will.

@sneakypete

Hmmm.  I don’t know, Pete.  You’re protesting a lot...

Offline goatprairie

"Femininity and masculinity are social constructs that are detrimental to mental health"

You forgot the sarcasm tag.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
"Femininity and masculinity are social constructs that are detrimental to mental health"

Someone has to pave that road...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Dexter

Wrong again! That's the basic requirement to be a male. There are many,many males that are not,never have been,and never will be men. I suspect you are one of them.

Is that right,comrade?

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Hmmm.  I don’t know, Pete.  You’re protesting a lot...

@CatherineofAragon

You should have stopped writing with "I don't know,Pete."

Offline Dexter

Wrong again! That's the basic requirement to be a male. There are many,many males that are not,never have been,and never will be men. I suspect you are one of them.

I'm male and I'm emotionally secure enough to be myself and not feel bad about it. I know you don't understand how, but you're actually proving my point right now.

Is that right,comrade?

If my posts bother you why not just ignore me rather than be a grown man that name calls and acts like a child?
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

Feel free to voice your disagreement specifically.

I'll wait...
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Dexter

Is that right,comrade?

@sneakypete   He certainly enunciates the essence of SJW thought, I'll say that.

@Dexter courtesy ping.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 01:34:31 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Dexter

@sneakypete   He certainly enunciates the essence of SJW thought, I'll say that.

@Dexter courtesy ping.

In my life I've found that neither side is right or wrong about everything. If people could grow up and come together to talk about these things like adults I think we could all learn a lot from each other.
-Socrates

Online GtHawk

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are. If that was true Blacks wouldn't have the problems they have now
And that is exactly why we have so many screwed up people that call themselves transgenders
Schools promote it because they have a liberal agenda promoted by leftist administrators and teachers
Oh okay let's be obtuse. The boys have been indoctrinated for years to cry at the least little problem, to not deal with bullies in the way boys had for countless years, to fight back, now ruff and tumble is out and not just because someone might get hurt and the school will be sued.
Whose ignoring something that can be detrimental to women? What I see is someone insisting that other women follow what they as an individual believes is right for them. Ah, society should be better than that, who decides, the it takes a village idiot crowd that has done so well with our children?

Well maybe you should take that one up with our creator, and perhaps you could come up with the answer as to why women put so much consideration into the way a man looks, I often wondered why women have such a hard time appreciating women in a more emotional way..................you do realize that lust and desire are emotional, as are the immediate responses we have to the way those of the opposite sex look.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You don't think it's possible that a lot of women are just pissed off that society sees their level of sex appeal as their most important attribute? A lot of feminists are crazy and don't help their cause, but I don't think the idea that started the movement is a bad one.

This isn't the same thing as original feminism.  This is a whole different animal.

Offline RoosGirl

All you have to do is look at what little girls like to play with and how they like to play, versus what little boys like to play with and how they like to play, to know that you are absolutely wrong.  Liberals don't like to think so, but there is a huge difference between men and women.

Offline Dexter

@GtHawk

I've said my peace on this issue. I think the quality of discussion will quickly devolve from here so I'll just leave it be. Thanks for being cordial; I know it's not always easy with this stuff.

:beer:
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

This isn't the same thing as original feminism.  This is a whole different animal.

What do you think of this animal?
-Socrates

Silver Pines

Now you're doing a strawman on me... You said you couldn't think of many non degreed engineers in the modern world and I provided a quick list of some pretty well known very successful ones. You blew that off. You focus on a surgeon which wasn't my point. I acknowledged that some fields require a degree because of licensing and if you wanted to pursue any of them you would have to take the college route. But that list is actually pretty short. That degree does not guarantee your "surgeon" is good at it. Not at all. The bottom line is proof is in the pudding. If the surgeon has years of successful experience then yes, I'm good with him/her. The same goes for pretty much any other field. But with how things are structured here it is essentially impossible for a future surgeon to get that experience any way other than college - that I acknowledge.

What matters is what you can do. Not how you learned it (there are obviously some immoral exceptions there...).

@DB

You're going to have to forgive me---or not.  My patience at the present is wearing a little thin with internet authorities who jump to tell you the sky's green when you note that it's blue.  I'm not interested in getting into strawmen or delving any deeper because, as I said, my patience is worn.

Don't take it personally, and you can take it as a win, if you like.  But I'm just not buying what you're selling. 

Online GtHawk

@GtHawk

I've said my peace on this issue. I think the quality of discussion will quickly devolve from here so I'll just leave it be. Thanks for being cordial; I know it's not always easy with this stuff.

:beer:
@Dexter
I did respond to your last post but neglected to ping you, if my response come across as less than cordial please know that wasn't my intent.

Offline Dexter

All you have to do is look at what little girls like to play with and how they like to play, versus what little boys like to play with and how they like to play, to know that you are absolutely wrong.  Liberals don't like to think so, but there is a huge difference between men and women.

You don't think society plays a role at all when it comes to what those young kids choose to play with? There's also little boys and girls that don't follow those norms, even in spite of societal pressure. There's a huge difference between all people. Obviously the genders are different. Society shouldn't be assigning standards to the genders and shaming people that don't meet them. Let people be who they want to be as long as they're following our laws.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 01:59:08 am by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Not so, @Dexter.  The basics of what we now call femininity and masculinity are outgrowths of and as a result of the reality of both anatomy and physiology.  Why do you think these traditions developed? 

Yes, girls and boys are different.  Both physically and mentally.  That's really not up for question, except by those who are ignorant of the basic facts of life.

I'm not sure what you're trying to communicate there.

You just provide support for my point #2, above. 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 02:02:17 am by Sanguine »

Offline Dexter

@Dexter
I did respond to your last post but neglected to ping you, if my response come across as less than cordial please know that wasn't my intent.

No not at all. I think you're a quality dude. I just also think we've reached the end of our disagreement. Sometimes there's nothing left to say unless we're going to start launching ad hominems at each other.
-Socrates

Offline RoosGirl

You don't think society plays a role at all when it comes to what those young kids choose to play with? There's also little boys and girls that don't follow those norms, even in spite of societal pressure. There's a huge difference between all people. Obviously the genders are different. Society shouldn't be assigning standards to the genders and shaming people that don't meet them. Let people be who they want to be as long as they're following our laws.

No, I think society is constructed around the differences in the sexes and not the other way around.  There are outliers in any population. 

Online DB

@DB

You're going to have to forgive me---or not.  My patience at the present is wearing a little thin with internet authorities who jump to tell you the sky's green when you note that it's blue.  I'm not interested in getting into strawmen or delving any deeper because, as I said, my patience is worn.

Don't take it personally, and you can take it as a win, if you like.  But I'm just not buying what you're selling.

I seriously don't understand what is you are not "buying" or exactly where the disagreement is. Engineers, surgeons, both or something else.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Dexter courtesy ping.

@Cyber Liberty

Half the time I'm thinking it is a female.