Author Topic: Trump hardens stance on Mexico border, says 15,000 troops could be sent  (Read 536 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump hardens stance on Mexico border, says 15,000 troops could be sent
Reuters, Oct 31, 2018, Jeff Mason, Idrees Ali

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday the United States could send as many as 15,000 troops to the border with Mexico, as he hardens his stance against a caravan of migrants fleeing violence and poverty in Central America.

The numbers cited by Trump are significantly higher than defense officials have disclosed. The Pentagon said on Monday it was deploying more than 5,200 troops to the border but that the number would rise. On Wednesday, it said more than 7,000 troops would support the Department of Homeland Security along the border.

Several groups, including the American Civil Liberties Union, have accused Trump of politicizing the military ahead of next week’s congressional elections with his plans to use active military personnel to buttress border patrol efforts.

“As far as the caravan is concerned, our military is out ... We’ll go up to anywhere between 10 and 15,000 military personnel, on top of Border Patrol, ICE and everybody else at the border,” Trump told reporters at the White House.

More:  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-border-trump/trump-hardens-stance-on-mexico-border-says-15000-troops-could-be-sent-idUSKCN1N52S9

Re: Trump hardens stance on Mexico border, says 15,000 troops could be sent
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 01:31:20 am »
There are now four caravans headed our way.

More here:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,338579.0.html

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 01:39:47 am »
   Who believes this $hit? 
   At least Texas in November is better than forced Parade duty in DC on Veterans Day.
   I predict by next Monday night we'll be doing a D Day assault on Vera Cruz.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 02:00:45 am »
I hope any forces that perform service at the border, have proper equipment and training.

In May 1970 while serving at Kent State Univ. National Guard troops shot and killed four protester/demonstrators.

The country had aleady been through a few yers, of civil tension.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 02:07:17 am »
I hope any forces that perform service at the border, have proper equipment and training.

In May 1970 while serving at Kent State Univ. National Guard troops shot and killed four protester/demonstrators.

The country had aleady been through a few yers, of civil tension.

My fear is the migrants will force a confrontation .... the newer waves of "caravans" are becoming more violent.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 02:28:38 am »
My fear is the migrants will force a confrontation .... the newer waves of "caravans" are becoming more violent.

That is exactly why I wrote, what I wrote.

In my town, we  have mounted police, as does our county. And several nearby towns also have mounted police.

So when needed, the "joint forces" agreements kick it, so they can present a larger, coordinated, impressive, highly trained and equipped show of force.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln