Author Topic: Trump to Paul Ryan: Worry about Election Day, not birthright citizenship  (Read 1165 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump to Paul Ryan: Worry about Election Day, not birthright citizenship
by Melissa Quinn
 | October 31, 2018 01:15 PM

President Trump criticized House Speaker Paul Ryan on Wednesday after Ryan broke with the president on his plan to end birthright citizenship for children born in the U.S. to illegal immigrants, and said Ryan should be more worried about holding the House in next week's midterm elections.

“Paul Ryan should be focusing on holding the Majority rather than giving his opinions on Birthright Citizenship, something he knows nothing about! Our new Republican Majority will work on this, Closing the Immigration Loopholes and Securing our Border!” Trump tweeted.

Paul Ryan should be focusing on holding the Majority rather than giving his opinions on Birthright Citizenship, something he knows nothing about! Our new Republican Majority will work on this, Closing the Immigration Loopholes and Securing our Border!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 31, 2018

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-to-paul-ryan-worry-about-election-day-not-birthright-citizenship
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Trump to Paul Ryan: Worry about Election Day, not birthright citizenship
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 08:43:12 pm »
Love it!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 10:17:59 pm »
Ryan can't exit quickly enough and Trump in essence just gave him the middle finger.  happy77
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 10:37:37 pm »
Many can't/won't accept it, yet reality intrudes.
From it's creation, the GOP has never been a party
of conservative principle; as it's core positions supported;
* centralized government rather than States Rights,
* trade protectionism rather than free trade,
* globalism rather than the primacy of the national interest.
As a result, zeroes such as Ryan, whose achievements
wouldn't fill the south east quadrant of a postage stamp,
easily rise to positions of influence and power.
No surprise as his last starring role was as a Romney flunky
in 2012.

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 10:57:25 pm »
Trump's attack on Ryan seen as advance scapegoating

By Melanie Zanona and Juliegrace Brufke - 10/31/18 06:32 PM EDT

President Trump’s stunning attack on Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) on Wednesday is being interpreted by many on Capitol Hill as an attempt to deflect blame and throw the retiring Speaker under the bus should the GOP lose its House majority next week.

The commander-in-chief took to Twitter, just six days before the midterm elections, to publicly slam Ryan for rejecting his calls to end birthright citizenship via executive order. 

“Paul Ryan should be focusing on holding the Majority rather than giving his opinions on Birthright Citizenship, something he knows nothing about! Our new Republican Majority will work on this, Closing the Immigration Loopholes and Securing our Border!” Trump tweeted Wednesday.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/414199-trumps-attack-on-ryan-seen-as-advance-scapegoating
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 11:02:20 pm »
Trump's attack on Ryan seen as advance scapegoating

By Melanie Zanona and Juliegrace Brufke - 10/31/18 06:32 PM EDT

President Trump’s stunning attack on Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) on Wednesday is being interpreted by many on Capitol Hill as an attempt to deflect blame and throw the retiring Speaker under the bus should the GOP lose its House majority next week.

The commander-in-chief took to Twitter, just six days before the midterm elections, to publicly slam Ryan for rejecting his calls to end birthright citizenship via executive order. 

“Paul Ryan should be focusing on holding the Majority rather than giving his opinions on Birthright Citizenship, something he knows nothing about! Our new Republican Majority will work on this, Closing the Immigration Loopholes and Securing our Border!” Trump tweeted Wednesday.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/414199-trumps-attack-on-ryan-seen-as-advance-scapegoating

Thanks for peddling the DNC House Organ. Was wondering what devout Communists and America hating disgusting filth had to say on the topic.

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 11:04:49 pm »
   @Frank Cannon we disseminate News here we don't actually participate, per se, contrary to some Trumpers views.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 11:43:00 pm »
   @Frank Cannon we disseminate News here we don't actually participate, per se, contrary to some Trumpers views.

That's straight up mother effing bullshit. You think that a snowflake piece from an open anti-American opinion site is so important then post it as a stand alone, but injecting into an already ongoing thread means that is your opinion on the topic. It's your response to what the topic is. Your upset that Trump "stunningly" called out that closeted do nothing Ryan for being the ineffectual incompetent he has proved to be through his pathetic and embarrassing life in DC.

Online corbe

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2018, 11:49:53 pm »
   @Frank Cannon You are wrong on so many levels about me and my motives concerning that post that upset you so. 
   Trump deserves Ryan and vice versa, they are both carnival barkers for a freak show, like most of the hard core Trumpers here.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2018, 11:53:55 pm »
   @Frank Cannon You are wrong on so many levels about me and my motives concerning that post that upset you so. 
   Trump deserves Ryan and vice versa, they are both carnival barkers for a freak show, like most of the hard core Trumpers here.

Typical NT bullshit. Thanks for proving my point.

Online corbe

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2018, 11:56:14 pm »
    You're Welcome

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2018, 12:08:48 am »
@mystery-ak
@corbe

This birthright citizenship thingy is the new Trump TV getter ("getter" is a new word I made up).  News programs now cover this all day long - Trump all day.  He will have another new one after this one and there will be another one after that one.  He must be on TV every day, all day.

He did this with his company - gave himself a fake name and called newspapers being that fake person to tell them what Trump was doing so he would be in the newspaper every day.  He is the biggest fake there has ever been in history (he likes to be the only one in history to do everything).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 12:13:14 am by Victoria33 »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2018, 12:15:14 am »
@mystery-ak
@corbe

This birthright citizenship thingy is the new Trump TV getter ("getter" is a new word I made up). 

Ya think so? I got a guy who says otherwise....

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2018, 12:25:09 am »
This birthright citizenship thingy is the new Trump TV getter ("getter" is a new word I made up).  News programs now cover this all day long - Trump all day.  He will have another new one after this one and there will be another one after that one.  He must be on TV every day, all day.

He did this with his company - gave himself a fake name and called newspapers being that fake person to tell them what Trump was doing so he would be in the newspaper every day.  He is the biggest fake there has ever been in history (he likes to be the only one in history to do everything). 

God forbid the President should speak truth to the American people.

In all candor, your assessment of the President is wrong on every level.  So very, very wrong @Victoria33

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2018, 12:26:54 am »
.  So very, very wrong @Victoria33

Could be worse. She could be very, very, very wrong.

Online corbe

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2018, 12:27:27 am »

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2018, 12:28:13 am »
Could be worse. She could be very, very, very wrong.

Give her time.   :laugh:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2018, 12:47:37 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

I got a ping you wrote to me.  I have you on Ignore and don't read what you write.
Save your fingertips - don't do it again.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2018, 01:13:01 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

Got another ping.  Another waste of your fingertips. I. am. not. reading. your. posts.

Online corbe

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2018, 01:21:51 am »
   It's so hypocritical typical of you @Right_in_Virginia you always call me out for pinging you to crap I post and here you are doing the same thing to @Victoria33    :shrug:

Online libertybele

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2018, 01:28:34 am »
Good grief ... all this wasted space, back and forth and pinging on this thread ... but hey, at least we got a great pic of Pee Wee on a bicycle ... gotta love the decor on the spokes!

« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 01:29:57 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2018, 01:31:29 am »
   Are you insinuating @libertybele that my sense of humor tends to self masturbatory? 

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2018, 01:35:03 am »
Good grief ... all this wasted space, back and forth and pinging on this thread ...

You're right @libertybele  It was silly.  I've removed my contributions to it.   :beer:

Online libertybele

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2018, 01:41:38 am »
   Are you insinuating @libertybele that my sense of humor tends to self masturbatory?

@corbe ...let's just say your humor and spunk livens up the forum ...

Online libertybele

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2018, 01:42:28 am »
You're right @libertybele  It was silly.  I've removed my contributions to it.   :beer:

:beer: