Author Topic: Is This Worse Than ’68?  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Is This Worse Than ’68?
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2018, 05:03:12 am »
We could tell who you were by your haircuts.

It's always been that way...lol.

In Germany, we had another distinguishing characteristic: green license plates on our cars. It really made German drivers angry when I passed them on the autobahn.

During my last two years in Germany, I spoke the language well enough to earn quizzical looks from those I encountered for the first time. You know, "he looks like an American, but he sounds like a German."  lol
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2018, 10:40:33 am »

Or the fatigues. But you wouldn't know if we'd been in Vietnam.

Very vivid memories of '68 and it was worse.  The country's treatement of anyone in the military at that time was sickening.

Communist counterculture goons got a pretty good foothold.  Thank God our country finally saw through it, and survived.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline endicom

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2018, 02:15:55 pm »
The country's treatement of anyone in the military at that time was sickening.

This may be shocking to some people but I was treated well in the NYC area. Nearly everyone knew people who'd been in uniform or had themselves been in uniform.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2018, 02:19:06 pm »

This may be shocking to some people but I was treated well in the NYC area. Nearly everyone knew people who'd been in uniform or had themselves been in uniform.

Yes, I was thinking about that.  There were a number of incidents, without question and our returning troops were treated shabbily, but I wonder if it sort of equates to being a conservative in a leftist stronghold now.  Like going out to see a conservative speaker and having antifa show up.  Or, going out to dinner at the Red Hen, or an Italian restaurant in the DC area, etc.