Author Topic: Repercussions for Losing the House?  (Read 915 times)

Offline LastJedi

Repercussions for Losing the House?
« on: October 29, 2018, 10:32:09 pm »
Hi, I am relatively new here trying to learn my way around. I wanted to talk about the big target for Dems in this midterm: the House of Representatives. What do you guys think that of the prospect of losing the House to the Dems in the fall? Will this greatly stall Trump's agenda or help bolster him into 2020? I mainly want to talk about the House since it looks like the GOP will most likely keep control of the Senate and actually make gains there. My biggest fear is that if Dems take the House, they will open up any investigation they want into Trump. Crazies like Maxine Waters will not ever shut up. Historically, I know that typically presidents lose control of at least one chamber of Congress in the middle of their presidency. Will history repeat itself on Nov. 6th? We'll just have to see. If however, they do take control there is one caveat that it will help Trump win in a landslide in 2020. Americans will be so pissed at the Dem House for opening investigations that the average American sees as a nothing burger, (.i.e., Russian witch hunt).

What's your opinion?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 03:00:22 am by MOD3 »
"Rebellions are built on hope!" -Jyn Erso

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Reprocussions for Losing the House?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 12:37:30 am »
Hi.  Welcome to the Briefing Room.  Glad you found us and I think you will find that we are basically a very interesting group with vast personalities and passions. Mine happens to be the 2nd amendment and anti-illegal immigration.

Addressing your question(s).  First, the GOP could very easily lose the House and if they do, I believe the first thing that they will try to do is impeach Pres. Trump.  I doubt they will be successful, as the Senate will probably retain their majority.  IMHO they will investigate other areas other than Russian collusion; probably Trump and his family's dealings with the Middle East and his tax returns.  They will hound him and keep him busy defending himself rather than letting him lead this country.

If the GOP loses the House, we'll likely have 4 more years of Pelosi's hazy (at best) leadership.  They hold the purse strings which almost guarantees no additional funding for Trump's promised wall.  I believe that they will  fight him on budgets and tax issues.

If the GOP loses both Houses; well, its game over.  I think you will see President Trump impeached and asked to step down which will cause a huge disturbance among the populace.  I also have absolutely know doubt that you will see a huge push for amnesty, which guarantees the liberal vote for decades and I think that they will try to unseat Kavanaugh.  Along with that I think they will push to change the electoral college and term limits of our justices.

I also believe that should the GOP lose both Houses, Pres. Trump and don't manage to impeach him, he will still be a one term president.  Not because he will have lost his voting base, but because the DEMS are so corrupt and will have manipulated the voting process and districts in their favor.  Certainly they will have found a way to grant amnesty and register illegals to vote.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 01:45:59 am »
Hi, I am relatively new here trying to learn my way around. I wanted to talk about the big target for Dems in this midterm: the House of Representatives. What do you guys think that of the prospect of losing the House to the Dems in the fall? Will this greatly stall Trump's agenda or help bolster him into 2020? I mainly want to talk about the House since it looks like the GOP will most likely keep control of the Senate and actually make gains there. My biggest fear is that if Dems take the House, they will open up any investigation they want into Trump. Crazies like Maxine Waters will not ever shut up. Historically, I know that typically presidents lose control of at least one chamber of Congress in the middle of their presidency. Will history repeat itself on Nov. 6th? We'll just have to see. If however, they do take control there is one caveat that it will help Trump win in a landslide in 2020. Americans will be so pissed at the Dem House for opening investigations that the average American sees as a nothing burger, (.i.e., Russian witch hunt).

What's your opinion?

Let them spend as much time on BS investigations as they want, as long as it keeps them from enacting their agenda.

@corbe
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 01:50:58 am »
Hi.  Welcome to the Briefing Room.  Glad you found us and I think you will find that we are basically a very interesting group with vast personalities and passions. Mine happens to be the 2nd amendment and anti-illegal immigration.

Addressing your question(s).  First, the GOP could very easily lose the House and if they do, I believe the first thing that they will try to do is impeach Pres. Trump.  I doubt they will be successful, as the Senate will probably retain their majority.  IMHO they will investigate other areas other than Russian collusion; probably Trump and his family's dealings with the Middle East and his tax returns.  They will hound him and keep him busy defending himself rather than letting him lead this country.

If the GOP loses the House, we'll likely have 4 more years of Pelosi's hazy (at best) leadership.  They hold the purse strings which almost guarantees no additional funding for Trump's promised wall.  I believe that they will  fight him on budgets and tax issues.

If the GOP loses both Houses; well, its game over.  I think you will see President Trump impeached and asked to step down which will cause a huge disturbance among the populace.  I also have absolutely know doubt that you will see a huge push for amnesty, which guarantees the liberal vote for decades and I think that they will try to unseat Kavanaugh.  Along with that I think they will push to change the electoral college and term limits of our justices.

I also believe that should the GOP lose both Houses, Pres. Trump and don't manage to impeach him, he will still be a one term president.  Not because he will have lost his voting base, but because the DEMS are so corrupt and will have manipulated the voting process and districts in their favor.  Certainly they will have found a way to grant amnesty and register illegals to vote.

They can impeach trump with a majority vote in the House.  Doesn't matter what the make up of the Senate is.  Question is, would they do so knowing they'll never hit the 2/3 in the Senate needed to remove him from office.

Not sure what you mean about the House holding the purse strings.  Both houses have to approve spending bills.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 02:08:00 am »
They can impeach trump with a majority vote in the House.  Doesn't matter what the make up of the Senate is.  Question is, would they do so knowing they'll never hit the 2/3 in the Senate needed to remove him from office.

Not sure what you mean about the House holding the purse strings.  Both houses have to approve spending bills.

Well they can impeach him but they will spend most of their time with investigations..Dershowitz says they can't impeach Kananaugh..?..not sure on that as no one else has mentioned that.

But like you said nothing else will get done as both Houses are needed for spending bills..

Trump just needs a pen and a phone..executive orders will be the order of business
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 02:12:52 am »
If the GOP loses the House the Rats will shoot Snoopy on live TV. We will be put on the metric standard. Graham Crackers will be outlawed. Nancy Pelosi will give spoilers to all the new shows on Netflix during every press conference.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 02:20:50 am »
Well Blue Leader, I'm indifferent to repercussions if the GOP loses the House, due to the fact we have basically had Democrat rule since we handed it to them in 2012.

So it's like going from Chancellor Palpatine and all the kabuki Theater to conceal what the agenda was really all about to full-on Order 66 and Darth Sidious.

We're dealing with the same entity regardless which party looks to be wearing the mantle of leadership.  We are still sliding into Collectivist Tyranny.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 02:23:32 am »
Well Blue Leader, I'm indifferent to repercussions if the GOP loses the House, due to the fact we have basically had Democrat rule since we handed it to them in 2012.

So it's like going from Chancellor Palpatine and all the kabuki Theater to conceal what the agenda was really all about to full-on Order 66 and Darth Sidious.

We're dealing with the same entity regardless which party looks to be wearing the mantle of leadership.  We are still sliding into Collectivist Tyranny.

All is lost......yet you come here and spam the board 24/7 with angry screeds. What a worthwhile life you live.

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 02:48:15 am »
Well they can impeach him but they will spend most of their time with investigations..Dershowitz says they can't impeach Kananaugh..?..not sure on that as no one else has mentioned that.

But like you said nothing else will get done as both Houses are needed for spending bills..

Trump just needs a pen and a phone..executive orders will be the order of business

One SC justice has been impeached, though acquitted.

What I find interesting is what would happen if he was impeached and removed, and then tried to get the SC to take up the case.  On one hand, I don't know (and that doesn't say much) that they have any jurisdiction.  On the other, would they ever accept that sort of blow to their power, or would it be another marbury madison?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 02:51:34 am »
All is lost......yet you come here and spam the board 24/7 with angry screeds. What a worthwhile life you live.

Glad to see you can interpret the indecipherable screed he writes.

I just heave it overboard where it belongs and feel good about it.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 02:52:10 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2018, 03:07:47 am »

True both houses have to approve the spending bills, but only the house can generate revenue bills.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2018, 03:08:53 am »

Except...they will challenge him in the courts and the lower courts have ruled against him.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2018, 04:54:41 am »

If it irritates you my friend, it is more than worthwhile.

Your best stuff usually follows, and I get a hearty laugh at my expense.

Cheers!
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2018, 05:11:53 am »
True both houses have to approve the spending bills, but only the house can generate revenue bills.

Raising revenue, not spending.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Repercussions for Losing the House?
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2018, 05:28:14 am »
Welcome to TBR

What will happen?  Nothing same as what always happens.  We didn't do anything with it while we had it except spend, spend, spend.

I suppose the Democrats are more enthusiastic about implementing Communism than Republicans are about saving the Republic.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 05:51:45 am »
If the GOP loses the House the Rats will shoot Snoopy on live TV. We will be put on the metric standard. Graham Crackers will be outlawed. Nancy Pelosi will give spoilers to all the new shows on Netflix during every press conference.
There is nothing wrong with metric.  Graham Crackers are inferior to most Crackers...especially to ethnically verifiable crackers, and if you don't think spoilers are are being leaked under the noses of Wray, Sessions and Mattis, you've been watching a unauthorized streaming news service.

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Repercussions for Losing the House?
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2018, 10:09:19 pm »
Welcome to TBR

What will happen?  Nothing same as what always happens.  We didn't do anything with it while we had it except spend, spend, spend.

I suppose the Democrats are more enthusiastic about implementing Communism than Republicans are about saving the Republic.

What will happen? I know I'll be tuning out of politics in favor of Gonzaga basketball. Keep an eye out for #21, Rui Hachimura, among others. I've heard he's improved his game from the splash he made in the NCAA tournament last year, when he scored 25 against THE Ohio State University.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ2RMjxU4M0

The young man is a marketer's dream: great personality, a million dollar smile, and he's from Japan...a relatively untapped market for NBA teams.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 10:10:05 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.