Author Topic: Trump could win big with executive order halting caravan  (Read 436 times)

rangerrebew

Trump could win big with executive order halting caravan
« on: October 29, 2018, 03:31:16 pm »

Trump could win big with executive order halting caravan

By Cheryl K. Chumley - The Washington Times
    Friday, October 26, 2018

President Donald Trump is mulling an executive order that would stop the caravan in its tracks and send the thousands and thousands of people trying to cross America’s borders back to their homes.

That makes perfect sense.

It’s a viable solution that would lead to a redefining of asylum seekers — a honing, of sorts, of the criteria that determines who gets into the country versus who gets refused.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-stop-caravan/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Trump could win big with executive order halting caravan
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 10:54:10 pm »
I hope he doesn't back down on this.

The "moment is right" for such a momentous change in refugee/immigration policy.

Frankly, I'm on record here as stating there should be a moratorium on ALL immigration to the United States for a period of 50-75 years, minimum.

We are "full up", and we don't need any more.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 11:27:28 pm »
He's saying the right things, but what does he do?  I saw a blurb on TV there are somewhere around 5,100 "troops" at the boarder...I suspect a few thousand are National Guard, which are being supplemented by some regular military.  All are to be in "support roles," which sounds to me like behind-the-lines, unarmed stuff.

I'm aware a few CBs would be helpful, but not if all they do is throw up some Jersey Barriers, as had been mentioned in other threads. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 11:55:07 pm »
And Republicans, with their penchant for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, would probably stand in line to oppose doing the right thing on this.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 12:06:07 am »
https://www.cbp.gov/careers/apply-now

Current Openings

APPLY NOW - To start your application for a CBP position, follow the steps below.

Customs and Border Protection Officers
Critical agency hiring needs for entry level CBPOs currently include the following locations:

Southern Border - Douglas, Lukeville, Nogales and San Luis, AZ; Andrade, Calexico and Otay Mesa, CA; and Del Rio and Laredo, TX.