Author Topic: Streisand Takes Desperation to Entirely New Level with Disturbing Anti-Trump Album  (Read 375 times)

rangerrebew

Streisand Takes Desperation to Entirely New Level with Disturbing Anti-Trump Album

By Cillian Zeal
October 27, 2018 at 9:20am

In February 1963, syndicated columnist Robert Ruark wrote of Barbra Streisand that “she will be around 50 years from now if good songs are still written to be sung by good singers.”

Ruark died in 1965, so I don’t know if he would have agreed that “good songs are still written to be sung by good singers” — 5 Seconds of Summer and Lil’ Pump seem to exist as arguments against this. This is 2018, a little over that 50-year target, but I think the columnist would have agreed that 2013 was about as kind to Streisand as 2018 is. Whatever talent she does have — and I think we ought to be fair and conclude she possesses a fair amount of it — has receded into the background while Streisand’s political activism has come front and center.

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/streisand-takes-desperation-entirely-new-level-disturbing-anti-trump-album/

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Barbara Streisand, the proof that ugly is more than skin deep.