Author Topic: Trump fears Florida wipeout  (Read 1557 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump fears Florida wipeout
« on: October 27, 2018, 02:32:49 pm »
 Trump fears Florida wipeout

The president is mounting an 11th-hour effort to head off high-profile losses for governor and Senate in his adopted home state.

By ALEX ISENSTADT

10/26/2018 05:03 AM EDT

Updated 10/26/2018 11:11 AM EDT

The White House is planning a political rescue mission in Florida, fearing a wipeout in a key swing state next month that could damage President Donald Trump’s reelection hopes.

Trump is expected to visit the state at least twice, according to two people familiar with the plans. Visits from several Cabinet members are likely, as well. Presidential text messages are being sent to Floridians who still haven’t cast their absentee ballots. And discussions are underway about blanketing the state with robocalls from Trump.

On Thursday, Vice President Mike Pence and White House counselor Kellyanne Conway were in the state in support of gubernatorial hopeful Ron DeSantis and Senate candidate Rick Scott, both of whom are close to Trump. Later in the day, the president raised money for Republican House candidate Ross Spano, who's facing an unexpectedly tough challenge in what's been a reliably red district.

Behind the scenes, Trump aides have been in contact with top Florida Republicans on a near daily basis, and people close to the president concede that they are worried.

“It is both my hope and my expectation that the president will be in Florida so much between now and the election that Floridians will be hearing ‘Hail to the Chief' in their dreams,” said Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz, a staunch Trump ally who’s been in touch with the president.

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/26/trump-florida-senate-2018-senate-governor-941802
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Trump fears Florida wipeout
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 04:06:17 pm »
I don't think the President fears a Florida wipeout so much as he wants to assure it does not happen.

The guy has been active everywhere in this pre-election cycle.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 04:51:28 pm »
I'm not much for polls, but early voting has started and I haven't seen any poll that indicates any of the GOP candidates ahead for at least the past 6 weeks.  All indicators show that FL will now be a blue state. 

This will be a huge accomplishment for the DEMS; governorship and senate seat.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 04:54:19 pm »
I'm not much for polls, but early voting has started and I haven't seen any poll that indicates any of the GOP candidates ahead for at least the past 6 weeks.  All indicators show that FL will now be a blue state. 

This will be a huge accomplishment for the DEMS; governorship and senate seat.

Try not to do a happy dance @libertybele
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 05:52:08 pm »

@libertybele @Emjay

Compiled as of 10/27/2019; 1:07PM

Voted by Mail:
680,938 (R)   
616,034 (D)

Voted Early:
309,630 (R)   
300,225 (D)                                    

Total:
990,568 (R)      
916,259 (D)

Republicans: +74,309

https://countyballotfiles.elections.myflorida.com/FVRSCountyBallotReports/AbsenteeEarlyVotingReports/PublicStats

Many NW Florida counties -- which are heavily Republican -- began their “Early Voting” just this morning. Next week will reveal more about Florida voting.

As always, turnout is key.  The President's rally in Fort Myers next Wednesday (10/31) will help!

« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 05:52:46 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 02:10:05 am »
Try not to do a happy dance @libertybele

???? @Emjay    What are you talking about??? 22222frying pan
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 02:11:24 am »

@libertybele @Emjay

Many NW Florida counties -- which are heavily Republican -- began their “Early Voting” just this morning. Next week will reveal more about Florida voting.

As always, turnout is key.  The President's rally in Fort Myers next Wednesday (10/31) will help!

I'm really surprised that he's doing a rally in Lee County which usually leans heavy Republican.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 03:08:47 am »

She just doesn't want to be the only one here to have actually said she wanted a democrat to win, so she's putting words in your mouth.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 03:17:15 am »
I'm really surprised that he's doing a rally in Lee County which usually leans heavy Republican.

Bigger crowds that way.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2018, 06:05:01 am »

If you aren't wearing a seat belt on the Trump Train, then you wanted Hillary as POTUS, and the Democrats fully in control of the levers of power in government.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2018, 12:42:05 pm »
If you aren't wearing a seat belt on the Trump Train, then you wanted Hillary as POTUS, and the Democrats fully in control of the levers of power in government.

Well, since the Trump Train is the only Republican/Conservative train in town with the fuel and power to move the country forward, not being on the train means you were okay with Hillary as POTUS and are okay with the Democrats fully in control of the US Congress.

For many, "wanting" and "being okay with" is a difference without a distinction.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 12:42:57 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2018, 12:50:39 pm »
Well, since the Trump Train is the only Republican/Conservative train in town with the fuel and power to move the country forward, not being on the train means you were okay with Hillary as POTUS and are okay with the Democrats fully in control of the US Congress.

:thumbsup:

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2018, 12:55:34 pm »

For many, "wanting" and "being okay with" is a difference without a distinction.

IMO, the economic "fuel" you speak of, tax cuts and reduction in federal regulations, have produced short term results. Unfortunately, the tax cuts have probably been a factor in rising interest rates, a factor in the stock market correction.

The next step has to be reducing the size and scope of the federal government, leading to smaller deficits. I sense nothing but rhetoric from the Trump Administration, as the King of Debt has only scratched the surface on the deficit reduction. I'm hoping for more during the next round of budget talks.

I want the Republicans to retain control of the House and Senate, BTW, but am not so sanguine about the outlook for the House.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2018, 01:08:19 pm »
Staging rallies is not fear. It’s preparation and caution to ensure victory.