Author Topic: ‘Crucify Him!’ Trump’s Enemies Become Jesus’s Accusers  (Read 589 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Trump is light years from being Jesus, but the hatred of his enemies has reached biblical proportions. 
Think about it.

When Jesus opened the eyes of the blind on the Sabbath Day, his accusers were so enraged that they missed the fact that – in all of human history – it had never been done before.   When Jesus hung out with the common people, his accusers called him a glutton and an alcoholic.   When he mesmerized “multitudes” with his speeches, his accusers twisted the meaning of his words in an effort to trap him with ecclesiastical riddles.

Finally, when Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, his accusers hardened their resistance, dug up false witnesses with conflicting testimony, and instigated mobs of protesters to chant “Crucify him! Crucify him!” It didn’t matter that the prefect of Judaea, Pontius Pilate, repeatedly told them that Jesus was innocent; that he had broken no Roman laws.

What made them so cruel?   Because “this man does many miracles,” the chief priests and Pharisees said.  “If we leave him alone, all men will believe in him.”  And if “all men” believed in him, the establishment would lose power.

Like Jesus’s accusers, Trump’s accusers lust for power.  Under the pretense of some righteous cause, they’re scorching the Earth to get it. 

“We owe it to the American people to be there for them,” Nancy Pelosi told New York Times columnist Paul Krugman recently.  “… [A]nd if there is some collateral damage for others who do not share our views, well, so be it …”

… Something deep is happening.   Something pathological; a dark, blinding, biblical hatred – like Jesus’s accusers.  If you’re a “Jesus accuser,” you’re not only bent on destroying the accused, but you excuse any Barabbas who revels in your hatred.
How else can you explain the cock-eyed reactions to Kanye, Kavanaugh, Kaepernick, and the crazed KKK-like protesters?

https://townhall.com/columnists/willalexander/2018/10/26/crucify-him-trumps-enemies-become-jesuss-accusers-n2531915
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
It goes to figure that some Trumsplicans have now stooped to the level of blasphemy and comparing him to Christ, same as the Left lofted up their political messiah as a Christ:

At that time, if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is a Christ!’ or ‘There He is,’ do not believe it. For false Christs and false messiahs will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible. - Matthew 24:23-24

If you’re a “Jesus accuser,” you’re not only bent on destroying the accused, but you excuse any Barabbas who revels in your hatred.

I've seen and experienced plenty of that from both the rabid Left and rabid Trumplicans.  The Left holds no corner on that market, both are two sides of the same coin.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It goes to figure that some Trumsplicans have now stooped to the level of blasphemy and comparing him to Christ, same as the Left lofted up their political messiah as a Christ:

At that time, if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is a Christ!’ or ‘There He is,’ do not believe it. For false Christs and false messiahs will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible. - Matthew 24:23-24

I've seen and experienced plenty of that from both the rabid Left and rabid Trumplicans.  The Left holds no corner on that market, both are two sides of the same coin.

The article specifically stated that they are not comparing Trump to Christ, just comparing the irrational hatred a good man has engendered to that Christ suffered.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The article specifically stated that they are not comparing Trump to Christ, just comparing the irrational hatred a good man has engendered to that Christ suffered.

Oh please spare us the crap. 

There has been plenty of irrational hatred displayed just on this board for the virtues and scriptures expounded upon in defense of liberty.   Trump has no corner on the amount of hatred the vast majority of this people have for anything that stands for actual moral principles and righteousness if it is not contained within political alignment for party and persons.

And Trump in no wise has suffered anything on the level that Christ suffered.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Oh please spare us the crap. 

There has been plenty of irrational hatred displayed just on this board for the virtues and scriptures expounded upon in defense of liberty.   Trump has no corner on the amount of hatred the vast majority of this people have for anything that stands for actual moral principles and righteousness if it is not contained within political alignment for party and persons.

And Trump in no wise has suffered anything on the level that Christ suffered.

Of course he hasn't and no one is claiming that.  But you may possibly admit that the hatred for Trump has surpassed anything suffered by a public figure since McCarthy and he wasn't all that guilty either.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Of course he hasn't and no one is claiming that.  But you may possibly admit that the hatred for Trump has surpassed anything suffered by a public figure since McCarthy and he wasn't all that guilty either.

All I see is abject hatred and rejection of foundational morals and principles by a whole lot of people who would make men and government their gods.  Doesn't matter if it's Leftists hellbent on destroying Republicans or Trumsplicans hellbent on demanding loyalty and obedience to party and person.  Same difference.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
All I see is abject hatred and rejection of foundational morals and principles by a whole lot of people who would make men and government their gods.  Doesn't matter if it's Leftists hellbent on destroying Republicans or Trumsplicans hellbent on demanding loyalty and obedience to party and person.  Same difference.

Then you are not seeing through God's eyes.

You know that, but you cling to your obsession that only you and maybe two others have a moral foundation.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Ridiculous @Emjay .  This kind of article is disgusting.  No matter if they do say miles away.  Its never appropriated to make comparisons to Christ.

Big...........

*please* Don't go there.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Ridiculous @Emjay .  This kind of article is disgusting.  No matter if they do say miles away.  Its never appropriated to make comparisons to Christ.

Big...........

*please* Don't go there.

I don't think the author meant any disrespect and he obviously had a lot of knowledge about Jesus' life and tribulations.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Says the person who routinely disregards scripture for her own political rants against the morality that you, yourself said you are sick and tired of reading and hearing about.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I don't think the author meant any disrespect and he obviously had a lot of knowledge about Jesus' life and tribulations.

Satan is well versed also.  It is wrong.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FTA:

But Americans aren’t stupid. Trump supporters aren’t stupid.  We’ve known from the beginning that Trump is no Jesus. It’s just that his enemies are so much worse that they make him look like a saint.  But though he’s not a saint, he’s been a very unlikely political “savior” of sorts. 

Before Trump, corrosive liberal policies, rabid Leftists, and timid Republican politicians allowed our social, economic and political structures to be infested with such institutional rot, that it was impossible to see how America could be itself again.   

We call them “Trump’s accusers,” but if Trump were not the target, others would be.  In the end, it’s not Trump who we voted for; it’s the issues he stood for that most represented what we believe about this great country. 

Offline musiclady

There has been blasphemy among the Trump faithful from Day One.

No surprise that it continues.  :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Night Hides Not

You know that, but you cling to your obsession that only you and maybe two others have a moral foundation.

Hubris, pure hubris. @INVAR has never laid claim to what you assert.

@Emjay, I venture that others have been more reviled for their views since the days of Joe McCarthy. The difference is they didn’t have many self-inflicted wounds as Trump and McCarthy. Both are bullies, as opposed to lightning rods such as Martin Luther King, who was assassinated in 1968.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline roamer_1

You have called it exactly by its name.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Respectfully @musiclady , I think there has been more blasphemy among NTers who constantly accuse people here who support Trump of being worshippers.  (Or Trump faithful, as you just did)

There are a couple of Trump loyalists here but most of us who support Trump think he is doing a good job and will continue to do so.

I think y'all have toned it down a little in recent months, but it is still way too evident.

All the 'orange' words and all the nasty comments about Trump supporters have no place in a forum supposed to be for civil discussion.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I think there has been more blasphemy among NTers who constantly accuse people here who support Trump of being worshippers. 

You have demonstrated that you have no understanding about what the word blasphemy even means.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
You have demonstrated that you have no understanding about what the word blasphemy even means.

Thank you...now I don't have to address @Emjay with the same message.  She requested that I not post to her.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Night Hides Not

Thank you...now I don't have to address @Emjay with the same message.  She requested that I not post to her.

Make your life simpler...put her on ignore...works like a charm.   :rolling:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
FTA:

Amen, @Right_in_Virginia and I hope some holier than thou people don't think it's blasphemy to say Amen.

I was accused of not knowing the meaning of blasphemy.  I was pretty sure I did, and I looked it up

Definition of blasphemy
1a : the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for God
accused of blasphemy
b : the act of claiming the attributes of a deity
for a mere man to suggest that he was … divine could only be viewed … as blasphemy
— John Bright †1889
2 : irreverence toward something considered sacred or inviolable
Synonyms & Antony

That's what I was pretty sure it meant.  I saw no blasphemy in the article I posted.