Author Topic: GM proposes nationwide zero-emissions vehicle sales mandate  (Read 695 times)

rangerrebew

GM proposes nationwide zero-emissions vehicle sales mandate
« on: October 26, 2018, 02:13:48 pm »
GM proposes nationwide zero-emissions vehicle sales mandate
October 26, 2018 by Tom Krisher

General Motors says it will ask the federal government for one national gas mileage standard, including a requirement that a percentage of auto companies' sales be zero-emissions vehicles.

Mark Reuss, GM's executive vice president of product development, said the company will propose that a certain percentage of nationwide sales be made up of vehicles that run on electricity or hydrogen fuel cells.

"A national zero emissions program will drive the scale and infrastructure investments needed to allow the U.S. to lead the way to a zero emissions future," Reuss said.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2018-10-gm-nationwide-zero-emissions-vehicle-sales.html#jCp

Offline endicom

Re: GM proposes nationwide zero-emissions vehicle sales mandate
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 02:54:25 pm »

Nyet!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 03:00:20 pm »
This coming from the jerks who gave us the Volt. Screw you GM.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 03:34:29 pm »
True Mussolini Fascism.

'Aint it grand? 

I will never buy another GM car ever.  The bailout on taxpayer dime sealed that decision for me. 

Besides Hyundai and Toyota have much better warranties.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 04:18:30 pm »
True Mussolini Fascism.

'Aint it grand? 

I will never buy another GM car ever.  The bailout on taxpayer dime sealed that decision for me. 

Besides Hyundai and Toyota have much better warranties.

Toyota and Hyundai are setting emission goals as well. This is just the trend of the future. There are forces at work that can no longer be stopped.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 10:37:44 pm »
Zero emissions? That's the biggest feel good lie there is.............Okay, second biggest after If you you like your doctor.......... Unless GM and the others have developed the Mr.Fusion device to power their cars than they run on the same dirty electricity the rest of us use every day.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 02:43:03 am »
Toyota and Hyundai are setting emission goals as well. This is just the trend of the future. There are forces at work that can no longer be stopped.
Absolute BS.

Go back and read the Population Bomb by Ehrich as I believe those quotes came from that piece of garbage.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 03:05:38 am »
Sure, how else are they going to get people to buy their shitty cars?