Author Topic: BREAKING: Michael Avenatti and Julie Swetnik Referred for Criminal Prosecution Over Bogus Kavanaugh  (Read 545 times)

Offline bilo

“When a well-meaning citizen comes forward with information relevant to the committee’s work, I take it seriously. It takes courage to come forward, especially with allegations of sexual misconduct or personal trauma. I’m grateful for those who find that courage,” Grassley said in a statement. “But in the heat of partisan moments, some do try to knowingly mislead the committee. That’s unfair to my colleagues, the nominees and others providing information who are seeking the truth. It stifles our ability to work on legitimate lines of inquiry. It also wastes time and resources for destructive reasons. Thankfully, the law prohibits such false statements to Congress and obstruction of congressional committee investigations. For the law to work, we can’t just brush aside potential violations. I don’t take lightly making a referral of this nature, but ignoring this behavior will just invite more of it in the future.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2018/10/25/breaking-avanatti-n2531943
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

For the law to work, we can’t just brush aside potential violations. I don’t take lightly making a referral of this nature, but ignoring this behavior will just invite more of it in the future.”

:amen:

I hope they decide to pursue Ford and her attorneys as well.

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. Who woke Chuck up from his coma?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Good for him!

I don't know if it was the Kavanaugh debacle or John McCain's exit that woke some of our representatives up, but whichever, I'm glad it did.

Offline bilo

LOL. Who woke Chuck up from his coma?

Great question! Maybe it was seeing how he was played by the Rats and not liking it, or seeing how Graham's support jumped dramatically when he spoke up.

@Frank Cannon

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Good for him!

I don't know if it was the Kavanaugh debacle or John McCain's exit that woke some of our representatives up, but whichever, I'm glad it did.

I think a few things contributed.  McCain's exit might be a minor factor with one or two, but the Kavanaugh debacle opened a few eyes to the ruthlessness of the dems and, I also think that the continued popularity and success of President Trump made some people realize they'ed better start getting along with him because he'll probably be around for six more years.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Great question! Maybe it was seeing how he was played by the Rats and not liking it, or seeing how Graham's support jumped dramatically when he spoke up.

@Frank Cannon

Yeah, amazing how Lindsey went from 'Linda' to a star by showing some guts.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
For the law to work, we can’t just brush aside potential violations. I don’t take lightly making a referral of this nature, but ignoring this behavior will just invite more of it in the future.”

:amen:

I hope they decide to pursue Ford and her attorneys as well.
Don't count on that, since it would involve Feinstein and Rep. Eschoo etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

Looks like it's a "referral" for prosecution and the DOJ has not said whether it will act on this.  After 8 years of a Justice Department only interested in prosecuting real or imagined offenses against certain "special people," I don't expect the department to act on this.  If Trump was a real leader, he would start a fire under Sessions' rump. 

Offline bilo

Don't count on that, since it would involve Feinstein and Rep. Eschoo etc.

I know the odds are against it, but if they go after her it would make the Rats think twice.

I would also like to see Kavanaugh go after Ford in civil court and take the 800K+ she made trying to destroy him.