Author Topic: America’s House Divided: Who’s to Blame?  (Read 148 times)

rangerrebew

America’s House Divided: Who’s to Blame?
« on: October 25, 2018, 01:34:23 pm »
America’s House Divided: Who’s to Blame?

By John Zmirak Published on October 25, 2018 • 3 Comments

If I wanted to sound sophisticated, this essay would be much easier. Were my main concern what the reader thought of me, I’d change my thesis completely. If I were preening as some ultra-spiritual seer, with a vision of Ultimate Things that elevated me above mere political calculus, these lines would write themselves. I could cherrypick the Bible and selected Famous Quotations. (Call that the “Cherrypick Option.”) Then blather for 800 words on the theme: “A Plague on Both Your Houses.” I might even bend over backwards to blame the political right for today’s bitter divisiveness. I could use this as a clip to wave around to some leftist editor, “You see how even-handed I have been?”

The sheer rage and hysteria that pervades most leftist politics today is at once a charade to deflect its guilt, and a threat meant to win our compliance.

Blah, blah, blah. We’re way past that now. And actually I’m grateful. I’m glad on some level that events have removed the temptation to publish sophistries.

https://stream.org/americas-house-divided-whos-to-blame/

Offline goatprairie

Re: America’s House Divided: Who’s to Blame?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 01:41:18 pm »
Which party and leader promised a "fundamental transformation" for the country?
 Which group thought the U.S. A. was and still is an evil country despite electing a black president and half a century ago enacting many laws only benefiting black Americans and other minorities?
That would be the left and Democrats. I'm an ex-Dem, and the lurch in the party's positions from moderate, slightly left of center politics to fullbore, hard leftist politics occurred in the last fifty years.
My opinion now is that anything liberal eventually and inevitably turns hard left.  They want total power over everybody. Nothing will satisfy them until they can organize and regiment everybody.