Author Topic: The Update - Conservative content is being hidden. TheUpdate is here to make sure you see it.  (Read 614 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I heard the originator of this website on the radio and thought some of us might be interested in it.  They claim to be presenting a conservative news aggregator.  You can sign up for a notification when they launch.

Lose the Filters.

Thank you for signing up for TheUpdate!  Our new app will be launching within a matter of days and we will let you be the first to know when it is ready!

Don’t let the big technology companies tell you what to watch. Find all the great content you want to see with TheUpdate.

It’s not a secret that Google, Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube don’t like conservatives being heard. While they aren’t deleting conservative videos, they are ‘shadow banning’ the content, meaning you can’t see the videos you want, just the ones they want you to see.

https://theupdate.com/

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

So far it looks like a great ploy to collect email addresses.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Or ... an idea whose times has come.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Good grief, so don't go to the site or give them your email address. 

Good grief, so don't go to the site or give them your email address.
I didn't Charlie Brown. 20 years ago Fox News was 2 years old, and I sent money through the mail to get the real information about the massacre at Waco, TX.  I ordered the videos that proved the Mena, AK drug trade was connected to Clinton.  Aside from talk radio little conservative media got broadcast 20 years ago. 

Today my phone has a InfoWars App.

Are you feeling like the conservative news is getting filtered from your view?  Because I believe I have never had more access to like minded conservative thought in my life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I didn't Charlie Brown. 20 years ago Fox News was 2 years old, and I sent money through the mail to get the real information about the massacre at Waco, TX.  I ordered the videos that proved the Mena, AK drug trade was connected to Clinton.  Aside from talk radio little conservative media got broadcast 20 years ago. 

Today my phone has a InfoWars App.

Are you feeling like the conservative news is getting filtered from your view?  Because I believe I have never had more access to like minded conservative thought in my life.

Infowars?  You read Infowars?

Infowars?  You read Infowars?
Didn't get the point at all huh?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Didn't get the point at all huh?

You mean that there wasn't one?  Yeah, I got that.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I heard the originator of this website on the radio and thought some of us might be interested in it.  They claim to be presenting a conservative news aggregator.  You can sign up for a notification when they launch.

I will give it a try when it gets up and going, but not submitting my email. Since you are giving it a try, I would love a ping when it gets up and going. Thanks @Sanguine

Right now I have a few such sites I use, but most are politics central (sorta like to have one that also includes regular news). Anyone have suggestions other than Yahoo?
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

You mean that there wasn't one?  Yeah, I got that.
Ouch.  That was a snappy comeback.
I thought I made a brilliant observation that few others on this forum would point out.  Perls before swine.
Enjoy your mud bath and sunning.  Sorry to disturb your thread.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Ouch.  That was a snappy comeback.
I thought I made a brilliant observation that few others on this forum would point out.  Perls before swine.
Enjoy your mud bath and sunning.  Sorry to disturb your thread.

Yeah, if you can't make a good argument go straight to mud references.  Whatever.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I will give it a try when it gets up and going, but not submitting my email. Since you are giving it a try, I would love a ping when it gets up and going. Thanks @Sanguine

Right now I have a few such sites I use, but most are politics central (sorta like to have one that also includes regular news). Anyone have suggestions other than Yahoo?

Will do, @Sighlass.