Author Topic: Universities send students to the U.S.-Mexico border to help 'raise consciousness'  (Read 587 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Anyone doubt that this caravan wasn't orchestrated by the left now?  They're sending our college kids to the border for a learning experience ... IOW ... eye witness the poverty, the pleads for help and BTW ... be sure to gather to DEMAND that Trump grants them asylum.

Gee ... here I advocated for going to the border and meet this people to tell them they weren't welcome ... I was accused of panicking.  I was also told by another member that this is the USA and we won't be another Europe because we process people differently.

Really??  I declare b.s. x2!!!

Universities send students to the U.S.-Mexico border to help 'raise consciousness'

As thousands of migrants approach the U.S.-Mexico border, universities across the nation are planning trips to the Southern border for a hands-on educational experience.

Marquette University in Wisconsin is sending students this spring break to a border town in Texas to “raise consciousness about the issues facing the border such as immigration, economic development, human rights, and social justice.”

The Catholic college's Campus Ministry and Office for Intercultural Engagement sponsors the trip. Students will visit U.S. Border Patrol, listen to the stories of migrants and refugees, visit a detention center, meet human rights activists, and observe immigration court cases.

Given that the city on the other side of the border is “one of the most violent cities in the region,” the students do not travel into Mexico at any point during the experience.

However, other trips require a passport.

The School of Theology at Boston University has an “Arizona/Mexico Border Travel Seminar” for students during winter break “to provide an integrated experience and space for various perspectives on the past and current issues of immigration and the creation of the border.”............

https://www.foxnews.com/us/universities-send-students-to-the-u-s-mexico-border-to-help-raise-consciousness
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 04:09:18 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Well its becoming a circus.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Well its becoming a circus.

It's becoming a leftists dream.  They go to the border and come back to report how terrible the conditions were for these people, how many children and women are suffering, how many men escaped abuse or escaped death in their countries.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Camp of the Saints. 

They are all in for what that novel describes as the end game for Western Civilization.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
It's becoming a leftists dream.  They go to the border and come back to report how terrible the conditions were for these people, how many children and women are suffering, how many men escaped abuse or escaped death in their countries.

The thing is those stories aren't untrue a lot of times. The problem is economically ignorant college kids don't understand that Uncle Sam can't take care of everybody south of our border. We live in the real world, not a fairy tale, and in the real world tough decisions need to be made when there are limited options. It's harsh, but that's life.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Camp of the Saints. 

They are all in for what that novel describes as the end game for Western Civilization.

We shall see.  It could very well be game over very soon.

Offline endicom

I anticipated this and more as reason to not reveal where troops would be deployed.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The thing is those stories aren't untrue a lot of times. The problem is economically ignorant college kids don't understand that Uncle Sam can't take care of everybody south of our border. We live in the real world, not a fairy tale, and in the real world tough decisions need to be made when there are limited options. It's harsh, but that's life.

When my daughter attended college ... I heard the usual  liberal rhetoric ... they just want a better life and need jobs. Then she started working in the real world ... I don't hear that anymore.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I anticipated this and more as reason to not reveal where troops would be deployed.

Not too hard to figure out ... TX/Mex, AZ/Mex, or CA/Mex.   Hopefully some of the 1,200 unarmed guards will tell them to take a hike and turn around.

Offline MajorClay

It's gonna be a Charley Foxtrot

Offline endicom

Not too hard to figure out ... TX/Mex, AZ/Mex, or CA/Mex.   Hopefully some of the 1,200 unarmed guards will tell them to take a hike and turn around.

Could be a redo of '60s tactics. On the one hand is the harmless looking young woman placing flowers in the muzzles of soldiers' rifles and on the other the bad boys rushing their line.

Offline ArneFufkin

It's a bit disconcerting to see how far the Jesuit Universities have drifted to the Left.

Marquette remains an excellent school (especially their Law and Dental schools) but their drift started 20 years ago when they replaced "Warriors" with "Golden Eagles."   

It's just become worse over the years, and especially since the guy from UWM took the reins.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 02:27:29 am by ArneFufkin »