Author Topic: Byron York: In Texas, Trump and Cruz complete the transaction  (Read 307 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Byron York: In Texas, Trump and Cruz complete the transaction
« on: October 23, 2018, 01:30:02 pm »
Byron York: In Texas, Trump and Cruz complete the transaction
by Byron York
 | October 23, 2018 01:27 AM

Two years and five months ago, on the day of the Indiana Republican primary that ended his presidential campaign, Ted Cruz unloaded on Donald Trump. It was more than an unloading — Cruz disgorged months of resentment against the man who defeated him and attacked his wife, his father, and his character. Trump was a "pathological liar," Cruz told reporters, a "bully," a "narcissist," an "utterly amoral" man who acted from "a deep yawning cavern of insecurity." Cruz took his anger at Trump to the Republican National Convention and beyond.

By Election Day 2016, Cruz had come to an uneasy support of his party's presidential nominee. And then Trump won. So on Monday night, at the Toyota Center in Houston, there was Cruz, introducing Trump with fulsome praise.

"I'm proud to have worked with President Trump on the biggest tax cut in a generation," Cruz said.

"I'm proud to have worked hand-in-hand with President Trump to repeal job-killing regulations."

"I'm honored that President Trump is here endorsing and supporting my campaign," Cruz declared, "and I look forward to campaigning alongside him in 2020 for his re-election as president of the United States."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/byron-york-in-texas-trump-and-cruz-complete-the-transaction
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34