Author Topic: Trump's big push: 10 rallies in final six days of midterms  (Read 347 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump's big push: 10 rallies in final six days of midterms
« on: October 25, 2018, 01:32:43 pm »
by Robert Donachie
 | October 25, 2018 12:00 AM

President Trump is ramping up his involvement in the midterm campaign, planning at least ten rallies in the six days before Election Day.

In the last few weeks, Trump has been hitting the campaign trail four nights a week for Republican candidates and engaging with the media on a near daily basis.

Republican strategists have hailed Trump's increasingly active involvement in the elections. Other presidents, they point out, might have sought to keep their party at arm's length because it traditionally loses a slew of seats at this point in the political cycle.

GOP leaders are optimistic about the impact Trump will have on the midterm elections, arguing his presence on the trail could energize the party base and perhaps change the course of the election.

"He is being the most effective I’ve ever seen. One, generating the base, making the argument of what we have been able to achieve and what we can achieve in the future. [He is] making the case each place," House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy told the Washington Examiner.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/trumps-big-push-10-rallies-in-final-six-days-of-midterms
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ArneFufkin

Re: Trump's big push: 10 rallies in final six days of midterms
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 02:11:00 am »
by Robert Donachie
 | October 25, 2018 12:00 AM

President Trump is ramping up his involvement in the midterm campaign, planning at least ten rallies in the six days before Election Day.

In the last few weeks, Trump has been hitting the campaign trail four nights a week for Republican candidates and engaging with the media on a near daily basis.

I am intrigued by his scheduling.   One of his stops next week is in Murphysboro, Illinois.   It's a Pubbie area in the otherwise Blue state.  There are three or four Red GOP House Districts down there he needs to retain for the Majority AND it is within the St. Louis media market.  So, he'll be supporting Hawley in a way too in his MO Senate race against McCaskill.

Republican strategists have hailed Trump's increasingly active involvement in the elections. Other presidents, they point out, might have sought to keep their party at arm's length because it traditionally loses a slew of seats at this point in the political cycle.

GOP leaders are optimistic about the impact Trump will have on the midterm elections, arguing his presence on the trail could energize the party base and perhaps change the course of the election.

"He is being the most effective I’ve ever seen. One, generating the base, making the argument of what we have been able to achieve and what we can achieve in the future. [He is] making the case each place," House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy told the Washington Examiner.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/trumps-big-push-10-rallies-in-final-six-days-of-midterms

A lot of folks around here seem to still harbor animus towards him.

But, one can never accuse Trump of being "hands-off".  He's making a difference in very key Congressional districts and states.

I am intrigued by his scheduling.   One of his stops next week is in Murphysboro, Illinois.   It's a Pubbie area in the otherwise Blue state.  There are three or four Red GOP House Districts down there he needs to retain for the Majority AND it is within the St. Louis media market.  So, he'll be supporting Hawley in a way too in his MO Senate race against McCaskill.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 02:17:10 am by ArneFufkin »

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 02:26:00 am »
I don't like this.  Guy's got a job, and it's not campaigning.  On top of that, there's all the tax (okay, debt) dollars spent on security while he's flying around doing something that is not his freaking job.

P.S.  This is not a knock on Trump.  I feel the same way about Senators who take about a year off their job when they run for POTUS.  Who the heck do they think they are cashing a paycheck and not showing up for their jobs, Jeff Sessions?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 02:35:35 am »
I don't like this.  Guy's got a job, and it's not campaigning.  On top of that, there's all the tax (okay, debt) dollars spent on security while he's flying around doing something that is not his freaking job.

P.S.  This is not a knock on Trump.  I feel the same way about Senators who take about a year off their job when they run for POTUS.  Who the heck do they think they are cashing a paycheck and not showing up for their jobs, Jeff Sessions?

His job - the agenda for which he was elected two years ago - is completely tied to the results this November 6.   This IS his job.  He's not only the CinC and POTUS ... he's the real-deal head of the GOP.

The guy spends two or three hours on AF1 for a rally?  That's a flying office with every resource he'd have at his fingertips if he was in the Oval Office. 

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 02:52:49 am »
His job - the agenda for which he was elected two years ago - is completely tied to the results this November 6.   This IS his job.  He's not only the CinC and POTUS ... he's the real-deal head of the GOP.

The guy spends two or three hours on AF1 for a rally?  That's a flying office with every resource he'd have at his fingertips if he was in the Oval Office.

The head of the GOP can spend all the time he wants on the campaign trail, paid for by the GOP.    Same for the rats.

POTUS, or a US Senator/etc, has a different job to do, paid for by the taxpayers' grandchildren.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 03:19:20 am »
The head of the GOP can spend all the time he wants on the campaign trail, paid for by the GOP.    Same for the rats.

POTUS, or a US Senator/etc, has a different job to do, paid for by the taxpayers' grandchildren.

So, politicians should never interact with their constituents?   And, there really isn't a whole lot of localized security expenses when Trump's C-32 pulls up to a small town hanger like in Mosinee last night or Elko, NV last weekend or any of the small cities he's been visiting..

Check the places he's rallying.   He's not shutting down major metropolitan areas where streets need to be secured and blocked etc.   His rally in Charlotte is going to cause some disruptions - and certainly his visit to Houston required local support - but I've recently seen him in Mosinee, WI,  Elko,  Missoula, Evansville, Erie, Wheeling,  Southhaven (Miss), Topeka, Springfield (MO), Richmond (Ky), Johnson City (TN), Rochester (MN), Council Bluffs (IA), Fargo, Lebanon (OH) etc. etc.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 03:26:02 am by ArneFufkin »

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2018, 03:43:44 am »
So, politicians should never interact with their constituents?   And, there really isn't a whole lot of localized security expenses when Trump's C-32 pulls up to a small town hanger like in Mosinee last night or Elko, NV last weekend or any of the small cities he's been visiting..

Check the places he's rallying.   He's not shutting down major metropolitan areas where streets need to be secured and blocked etc.   His rally in Charlotte is going to cause some disruptions - and certainly his visit to Houston required local support - but I've recently seen him in Mosinee, WI,  Elko,  Missoula, Evansville, Erie, Wheeling,  Southhaven (Miss), Topeka, Springfield (MO), Richmond (Ky), Johnson City (TN), Rochester (MN), Council Bluffs (IA), Fargo, Lebanon (OH) etc. etc.

etc, etc, etc.  White House is in D.C.

Pretty sure the US Constitution doesn't mention campaign rallies in Council Bluffs as a duty, or priviledge, of POTUS, whether his name is Trump or Obama/Soetoro.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 03:44:23 am »

Trump and his agenda is going to be dead in the water if the Rats get the House. I also like that someone is giving a damn about these midterms unlike other Presidents who just let history take it's course and decimate his party.