Author Topic: Migrant caravan swells to 5,000 resumes advance toward US  (Read 1826 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Migrant caravan swells to 5,000 resumes advance toward US
« on: October 21, 2018, 02:07:53 pm »
Migrant caravan swells to 5,000 resumes advance toward US
[Associated Press]
MARK STEVENSON and SONIA PEREZ D.
,Associated Press•October 21, 2018

CIUDAD HIDALGO, Mexico (AP) — Despite Mexican efforts to stop them at the border, a growing throng of Central American migrants resumed their advance toward the U.S. border early Sunday in southern Mexico.

Their numbers swelled to about 5,000 overnight and at first light they set out walking toward the Mexican town of Tapachula, 10 abreast in a line stretching approximately a mile (1.5 kilometers).

It was not immediately clear where the additional travelers had materialized from since about 2,000 gathered on the Mexican side Saturday night. They seemed likely to be people who had been waiting on the bridge over the Suchiate River or in the Guatemalan town of Tecun Uman and who decided to cross during the night.

At dawn there were still an estimated 1,500 migrants on the Guatemalan side hoping to enter legally.

They marched on through Mexico like a rag tag army of the poor, shouting triumphantly slogans like "Si se pudo!" or "Yes, we could!"

more
https://www.yahoo.com/news/migrant-caravan-forms-mexico-members-vow-reach-us-040050654.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Migrant caravan swells to 5,000 resumes advance toward US
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 04:22:42 pm »

So much for Mexico "stopping them", but you knew that wasn't going to happen, anyway.

So... what's to be done?
Are we about to let ANOTHER invasion/caravan in?
What message does this acquiescence convey to the rest of the hordes upon hordes of Central and South Americans wanting to flee to el Norte?
How large will THE NEXT invasion be?

This could become the defining moment of the Trump presidency -- something that makes Brett Kavanaugh pale by comparison.

You know as well as I do what needs to be done. Even if you won't say it publicly.

The border needs to be closed -- SEALED, at least temporarily, at normal "points of entry". No one crosses. No vehicles cross. No trains cross. NOTHING crosses -- until Mexico "gets the message".

The military (U.S. Army regulars and National Guard) needs to be dispatched, and ARMED with orders to prevent invaders from entering. And yes, that means women and children, too. Sorry if you don't like that.

The existing border needs some kind of "quick fix" barrier constructed at its weakest points, even if this amounts to only "barbed wire in the desert" for now. The East Germans built the Berlin Wall in a relatively short time in 1961. We can do the same, IF we want to.

Once again, the scenario of migrants rushing the border (which in this case was the Mexican border, but it will happen here, too) is literally taken from pages of Jean Raspail's prophetic 1973 novel, "The Camp of the Saints". You don't need to read the book, but you can learn about it here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Camp_of_the_Saints

One of the most prescient books ever written.

We can stop this, if we wish.
Otherwise, we will suffer the fate depicted in Raspail's tale.

If Mr. Trump deals forcefully with this, the Pubbies will prevail on November 6.
If he backs down -- as I sense his "advisors" are recommending that he do -- the outcome will be much more in doubt.

What do YOU want done?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 04:32:37 pm »
If we do not close and seal the border - then the fate of this country will be what Europe's already is.

Despite that truth, it is already too little too late to prevent the violence and mayhem that is going to come if Trump actually does close the border because all the hordes of Reconquinistas already here, Leftists with Antifa will use that as a cassus belli to wage riots and warfare.

If Trump does not close the border, this invasion will have larger and larger waves incoming and we go Camp of the Saints in a year or two instead of a decade or two.

If we show the world that we have no border and are not willing to defend it - then we will have no nation except what Soros, Islamists and the Marxists worldwide intend to do to us.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 04:37:38 pm »

So much for Mexico "stopping them", but you knew that wasn't going to happen, anyway.

So... what's to be done?
Are we about to let ANOTHER invasion/caravan in?
What message does this acquiescence convey to the rest of the hordes upon hordes of Central and South Americans wanting to flee to el Norte?
How large will THE NEXT invasion be?

This could become the defining moment of the Trump presidency -- something that makes Brett Kavanaugh pale by comparison.

You know as well as I do what needs to be done. Even if you won't say it publicly.

The border needs to be closed -- SEALED, at least temporarily, at normal "points of entry". No one crosses. No vehicles cross. No trains cross. NOTHING crosses -- until Mexico "gets the message".

The military (U.S. Army regulars and National Guard) needs to be dispatched, and ARMED with orders to prevent invaders from entering. And yes, that means women and children, too. Sorry if you don't like that.

The existing border needs some kind of "quick fix" barrier constructed at its weakest points, even if this amounts to only "barbed wire in the desert" for now. The East Germans built the Berlin Wall in a relatively short time in 1961. We can do the same, IF we want to.

Once again, the scenario of migrants rushing the border (which in this case was the Mexican border, but it will happen here, too) is literally taken from pages of Jean Raspail's prophetic 1973 novel, "The Camp of the Saints". You don't need to read the book, but you can learn about it here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Camp_of_the_Saints

One of the most prescient books ever written.

We can stop this, if we wish.
Otherwise, we will suffer the fate depicted in Raspail's tale.

If Mr. Trump deals forcefully with this, the Pubbies will prevail on November 6.
If he backs down -- as I sense his "advisors" are recommending that he do -- the outcome will be much more in doubt.

What do YOU want done?

Trump needs to dispatch the military immediately to the border for full closure.  Military should be dispersed along the border to stop this invasion.  Our Constitution demands our government to protect us from foreign invasion.  Every politician takes a vow to uphold it.

I read though that Trump would need to declare State of Emergency.  He should never depend on Mexico or the UN to do the right thing.  I will not vote for Trump unless he steps up to protect us from invasion.

He may have waited too long.

I saw interviews with migrants.  One woman said she was leaving because they were hungry and no jobs.  Let me tell you she hadn't missed a meal in her life.  None of them look deprived of food.  They simply want to come here for free everything.  It is their own fault that there is gangs and violence in their own country.  If we allow caravans to come in we certainly will be responsible for gang we allow to come into ours.  Where do we go when our country is their country north?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 04:41:41 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 04:53:53 pm »
Trump needs to dispatch the military immediately to the border for full closure.  Military should be dispersed along the border to stop this invasion.  Our Constitution demands our government to protect us from foreign invasion.  Every politician takes a vow to uphold it.

I read though that Trump would need to declare State of Emergency.  He should never depend on Mexico or the UN to do the right thing.  I will not vote for Trump unless he steps up to protect us from invasion.

I saw interviews with migrants.  One woman said she was leaving because they were hungry and no jobs.  Let me tell you she hadn't missed a meal in her life.  None of them look deprived of food.  They simply want to come here for free everything.  It is their own fault that there is gangs and violence in their own country.  If we allow caravans to come in we certainly will be responsible for gang we allow to come into ours.  Where do we go when our country is their country north?

The Romans were very good at building walls, we are even better and I agree if Trump does not
make a very serious attempt at stopping these invaders the GOP will feel the pain come the mid
terms. I was going to vote early now I taking a wait and see approach. This is the issue that
elected him, he'd better not back down.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 05:07:36 pm »
I see it (this invasion heading our way) as a real day Zombie Apocalypse.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 05:15:44 pm »

We get annihilated.

A Welfare State with open borders as BOTH parties have either worked to achieve or enabled, is an invitation to annihilation.

The Invasion Armies have taken up the invitation both parties have handed to them.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 06:16:35 pm »

Sorry to repeat myself, but Pompeo has already been in agreement with Mexico inviting the UN in and they will be determining who actually is granted asylum.  They then will be placed in host nations, including the U.S.  Those in the U.S. will be able to apply for residency after 1 year, given a social security card and eligible to be legally employed within the U.S.++

Even with a wall, the U.N. would still determine who gets asylum and where they are placed.

Indeed, we could very well have a situation like Europe in just a short matter of time.

So...what could Trump do really at this point other than refuse the decision of the U.N.  or tell the U.N. that the U.S. will not comply?

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 06:34:22 pm »
Sorry to repeat myself, but Pompeo has already been in agreement with Mexico inviting the UN in and they will be determining who actually is granted asylum.  They then will be placed in host nations, including the U.S.  Those in the U.S. will be able to apply for residency after 1 year, given a social security card and eligible to be legally employed within the U.S.++

Even with a wall, the U.N. would still determine who gets asylum and where they are placed.

Indeed, we could very well have a situation like Europe in just a short matter of time.

So...what could Trump do really at this point other than refuse the decision of the U.N.  or tell the U.N. that the U.S. will not comply?

So in reality, we have no border at all and we are an open welfare state.

Kiss any prosperity or future for your children and grandchildren goodbye.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 06:39:19 pm »
I see it (this invasion heading our way) as a real day Zombie Apocalypse.

'Cept these zombies aren't the flesh eating kind. Not a half hour ago I saw a migrant urinating against a retaining wall in a public parking lot while looking at his phone. Lessee Brad Pitt make that movie.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 06:43:41 pm »
So in reality, we have no border at all and we are an open welfare state.

Kiss any prosperity or future for your children and grandchildren goodbye.

That's exactly what I see is happening.  Unless, our President tells the U.N. that our borders are closed and that the U.S.  will NOT and CANNOT accept any more refugees, you are correct, we have no border and will be an open welfare state.  However, the Trump administration has already agreed to work with Mexico and the U.N.  Do they honestly feel this is the end of the invasion with mobs of caravans?

This is right before the midterms and anything he does will be seen by the leftists as racist and cruel; especially to the women and children.  Even his own party will fight him on this.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 06:52:31 pm »
libertybele wrote:
"So...what could Trump do really at this point other than refuse the decision of the U.N.  or tell the U.N. that the U.S. will not comply?"

How do Poland, Hungary, and the Czechs respond to demands from the European Union and the UN that they "admit migrants"?

Why can't Mr. Trump do the same thing here?

What is more important to you, the idea of protecting and defending our borders, or what the UN says?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2018, 07:01:40 pm »
libertybele wrote:
"So...what could Trump do really at this point other than refuse the decision of the U.N.  or tell the U.N. that the U.S. will not comply?"

How do Poland, Hungary, and the Czechs respond to demands from the European Union and the UN that they "admit migrants"?

Why can't Mr. Trump do the same thing here?

What is more important to you, the idea of protecting and defending our borders, or what the UN says?

Yep, so far Trump it seems that Trump is allowing the U.N. to dictate.   

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2018, 07:25:08 pm »
That's exactly what I see is happening.  Unless, our President tells the U.N. that our borders are closed and that the U.S.  will NOT and CANNOT accept any more refugees, you are correct, we have no border and will be an open welfare state.  However, the Trump administration has already agreed to work with Mexico and the U.N.  Do they honestly feel this is the end of the invasion with mobs of caravans?

This is right before the midterms and anything he does will be seen by the leftists as racist and cruel; especially to the women and children.  Even his own party will fight him on this.

And this is exactly what Soros and the Leftists in concert with Islamists have already done to Europe - and with the same exact media machinations, reactions and emoting imbecility foisted upon the people by their rulers that we are now faced with.  In fact it is IDENTICAL in scope and tactic:

Germany 2014:

Mexico yesterday:

Europe 2014:

Mexico Yesterday:

If Trump will not and cannot close the border with the exact Camp of the Saints Armies moving to invade - then this becomes our fate in short order:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2018, 07:30:14 pm »
Yep, so far Trump it seems that Trump is allowing the U.N. to dictate.

Can you point me to a source that says this? All I've heard is Mexico is asking for UN help in processing asylum requests into Mexico, nothing about the UN dictating what the US should do.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2018, 07:30:27 pm »
And this is exactly what Soros and the Leftists in concert with Islamists have already done to Europe - and with the same exact media machinations, reactions and emoting imbecility foisted upon the people by their rulers that we are now faced with.  In fact it is IDENTICAL in scope and tactic:

Germany 2014:

Mexico yesterday:

Europe 2014:

Mexico Yesterday:

If Trump will not and cannot close the border with the exact Camp of the Saints Armies moving to invade - then this becomes our fate in short order:

People need to realize what this means.  It IS happening right now.  This is the beginning.  So, it's happening around the time of the mid terms has little meaning and shouldn't be a focus.  What should be a focus is everyone calling their Congress Critters and the office of the Pres., himself and DEMAND that they be turned away.

Otherwise, get ready to fight mobs and accept the fact that this will be the new U.S.A.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2018, 07:32:45 pm »
Can you point me to a source that says this? All I've heard is Mexico is asking for UN help in processing asylum requests into Mexico, nothing about the UN dictating what the US should do.

I've posted it several times ...  the U.N. is determining who gets asylum ... ultimately they are dictating to the U.S. who they are going to take. So ... what's to stop the next wave, and the next wave, etc., etc.,?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-mexico-agree-on-plan-to-handle-migrant-caravan-from-central-america
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 07:34:13 pm by libertybele »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2018, 07:37:18 pm »
I've posted it several times ...  the U.N. is determining who gets asylum ... ultimately they are dictating to the U.S. who they are going to take. So ... what's to stop the next wave, and the next wave, etc., etc.,?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-mexico-agree-on-plan-to-handle-migrant-caravan-from-central-america

Sorry, I don't follow all of your posts. Thanks for the info.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2018, 07:44:56 pm »
Sorry, I don't follow all of your posts. Thanks for the info.

No, I didn't mean that as a negative in the least ... I'm really trying to get people to realize what's going on. Trump can say he's going to call out the military, etc., etc., meanwhile, unless something changes, it appears that he is letting the U.N. handle this.

The video that I posted previously shows the mob overwhelming the Mexican police and breaking through their barriers.  So ... how many will make it across the U.S. Mexico border?

Perhaps Trump can then place the military and it will do some good.  The others will be processed by the UN.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2018, 07:49:27 pm »
This whole thing smells of agitprop. You don't get 5K people to meet up and just trek thousands of miles on foot in a caravan to another country. There needs to be some organizing and incentive for something like that. Total BS.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2018, 07:50:56 pm »
No, I didn't mean that as a negative in the least ... I'm really trying to get people to realize what's going on. Trump can say he's going to call out the military, etc., etc., meanwhile, unless something changes, it appears that he is letting the U.N. handle this.

The video that I posted previously shows the mob overwhelming the Mexican police and breaking through their barriers.  So ... how many will make it across the U.S. Mexico border?

Perhaps Trump can then place the military and it will do some good.  The others will be processed by the UN.

From this article it does seem we will be differing to the UN in deciding who gets in as a refugee. I'm really, really sorry to see that. All we can do now is hope that the reporting is in error as it seems to be quite often these days.

The important thing is to prevent these parasites from getting here at all. Because even though we grant only a fraction of applicants refugee status (as I presume will the UN) we are forced to let everyone who physically gets here out the door, where they disappear into the country forever.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 07:51:47 pm by skeeter »

Offline endicom

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2018, 08:34:37 pm »

How can they hike for hundreds of miles without carrying food, water and spare clothing? Picture after picture shows hordes of people carrying virtually nothing. How can this be?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2018, 08:35:42 pm »
This whole thing smells of agitprop. You don't get 5K people to meet up and just trek thousands of miles on foot in a caravan to another country. There needs to be some organizing and incentive for something like that. Total BS.

Soros paid this army to invade the US:

! No longer available

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2018, 08:59:34 pm »

There was a big argument with Kelly and Bolton over immigration.  This is the result of left leaning people working within the administration.  It has been reported that Trump wanted to place the military but was talked out of it.  It could be anyone in his administration.  Including his own family.

I find this decision traitorous.  Every time Trump talks tough and looks like I can support him he turns into a wet noodle manipulated by leftists among him.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2018, 09:12:17 pm »
There was a big argument with Kelly and Bolton over immigration.  This is the result of left leaning people working within the administration.  It has been reported that Trump wanted to place the military but was talked out of it.  It could be anyone in his administration.  Including his own family.

I find this decision traitorous. 

What it means, if we are being honest, is that this government - BOTH parties in it - are complicit and enabling an invasion of a foreign army onto our soil to plunder subjugate.

As such - this government has no legitimate authority and has decided instead to give aid and comfort and surrender the country to invaders.

We are on our own, and our own government sides with the invaders.

Them is the hard unpleasant facts that no one is willing to consider.