Author Topic: Caravan Migrant Says March to U.S. Border Is for Jobs, Not Asylum  (Read 467 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Caravan Migrant Says March to U.S. Border Is for Jobs, Not Asylum
Breitbart, Oct 19, 2018, John Binder

One of the more than 4,000 migrants traveling in a caravan from Honduras through Mexico and eventually to the U.S.-Mexico border admits that she is seeking a job and a community more safe from drugs, neither of which would make her eligible for asylum.

In an interview with NBC News, a migrant identified as Karen Aviles from Honduras traveling with the caravan said she was looking to go to the U.S. to get a job and to provide a safer area for her daughter, whom she said was getting involved in drugs.

NBC News notes, “Among [the caravan] is Karen Aviles. She hopes to reach the U.S. and find work to send money back home.”[Emphasis added]

“I came because my daughter was getting lost to drugs, to rescue her. She was out on the street,” Aviles says. “I left my six children there. I’ve brought two … the oldest ones. The little ones can wait.”

“I hope that perhaps other countries can help us because in Honduras we haven’t found it,”Aviles continues. “I am a single mother, things are not good. Also, to help the children, the family. It’s tough, it’s tough … for the family.”

Though members of the migrant caravan have been portrayed by the establishment media as “asylum-seekers,” fleeing drug-fueled communities and looking for work are not grounds for asylum in the U.S.

More:  https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/10/19/watch-caravan-migrant-says-march-to-u-s-border-is-for-jobs-not-asylum/

Offline Absalom

Re: Caravan Migrant Says March to U.S. Border Is for Jobs, Not Asylum
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 08:25:08 pm »
Third world types, around the world, tolerate corruption, dishonesty and ignorance;
thereby encouraging it.Then they head somewhere else w/their hand out.
The first world owes them nothing as the condition of their nation/state is of their making.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 09:58:02 pm »
Third world types, around the world, tolerate corruption, dishonesty and ignorance;
thereby encouraging it.Then they head somewhere else w/their hand out.
The first world owes them nothing as the condition of their nation/state is of their making.

To me it's not even about what's fair or who's at fault. Maybe some of our policies and actions have hurt people south of our border. Where do we go from there though? Do we sacrifice our security and comfort because we feel bad about things in the past? Hell no we don't, especially when bringing millions and millions of them here won't even mitigate the problem. Not everybody can be first world at this point in time; it's unsustainable. That sucks, and it's not fair, but we're living in the real world, not a bleep fairy tale. I am not willing to sacrifice my comfort and the comfort of my family for the sake of foreigners and a bunch of snowflake college brats that will do anything to soothe their bleeding hearts.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 05:15:32 am by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 11:08:32 pm »
If 5-6,000 get in this time, the next march to el norte will be 15-20,000.