Author Topic: Eye on the election, Trump goes hard on immigration  (Read 458 times)

rangerrebew

Eye on the election, Trump goes hard on immigration
« on: October 20, 2018, 01:02:10 pm »

Eye on the election, Trump goes hard on immigration

While some GOP leaders in the House had initially hoped to focus their election message on the economy, Trump has continued to highlight immigration, confident that his hard-line views on enforcement will motivate his base and carry significant crossover appeal to independent and moderate voters who helped him win in 2016.

By The Washington Post |
PUBLISHED: October 18, 2018 at 4:26 pm | UPDATED: October 19, 2018 at 4:23 am

By David Nakamura, Joshua Partlow and John Wagner | Washington Post

WASHINGTON – Facing a spike in unauthorized immigration, President Donald Trump on Thursday lashed out at Democrats and the leaders of Latin American nations, seeking to deflect blame and mitigate political damage by riling up his base just weeks before the midterm elections.

The president’s mounting frustration was evident in a series of tweets in which he threatened to summon the military to guard the southern border, cut off aid to Central American nations and upend a recent trade deal with Mexico if those governments fail to stop a large caravan of migrants from Honduras making its way toward the United States.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/10/18/eye-on-the-election-trump-goes-hard-on-immigration/

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Eye on the election, Trump goes hard on immigration
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 11:42:10 pm »
As much as I like Mr. Trump, and as much as I approve that he speak out on this prior to the election...

It won't be enough UNLESS he's willing to back his words with action and mobilize the military at the border to STOP invaders from coming in.

If that means some "shooting" happens -- well, I'm ok with that.

How many invasions throughout history have been stopped with.... words....?

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 11:45:43 pm »
Elton John - I've Seen That Movie Too

! No longer available
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 05:35:21 am »
As much as I like Mr. Trump, and as much as I approve that he speak out on this prior to the election...

It won't be enough UNLESS he's willing to back his words with action and mobilize the military at the border to STOP invaders from coming in.

If that means some "shooting" happens -- well, I'm ok with that.

How many invasions throughout history have been stopped with.... words....?

From what I've been reading, these people aren't just coming here, they are coming her to seek asylum.  Big difference.  IF they are granted asylum they are eligible to apply for residency.  If they are granted residency they will be given a social security card and legally eligible to work in the U.S.

So ... how is Trump going to call in the military?  Pompeo has already agreed with Mexico and the UN to process these people and determine who is eligible for asylum and those determined eligible will be placed in host countries, including the U.S.

If I am missing something here, please enlighten me, but it seems to me we have an invasion on our hands and because of previous laws, there isn't much that can be done.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.