Author Topic: China's Next Revolution Is On The Horizon  (Read 487 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
China's Next Revolution Is On The Horizon
« on: October 20, 2018, 06:57:33 am »
zerohedge
tyler durden 10/19/2018

[excerpt]

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-19/chinas-next-revolution-horizon

Authored by Charles Hugh Smith via OfTwoMinds blog,

The Mandate of Heaven will be withdrawn, and the autocratic regime overthrown.

The absolute confidence that China's political structure is permanent and forever is reminiscent of the absolute confidence in the 1980s that the USSR's political structure was permanent and forever. But the social contract that undergirds the Communist Party's absolute power in China is fast-eroding, and those who understand Chinese history sense the winds of change have shifted and the next revolution in China is already darkening the horizon.

The story starts in the Song Dynasty, which reached its zenith in the mid-1200s.

I've been pondering the excellent 1964 history of the Southern Song Dynasty's capital of Hangzhou, Daily Life in China on the Eve of the Mongol Invasion, 1250-1276 by Jacques Gernet, in light of the Chinese government's unprecedented "Social Credit Score" system, which I wrote about in May 2018: Kafka's Nightmare Emerges: China's "Social Credit Score".

The scope of this surveillance is so broad and pervasive that it borders on science fiction: Inside China’s Dystopian Dreams (NY Times)

@Absalom
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Absalom

Re: China's Next Revolution Is On The Horizon
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 09:07:03 pm »
zerohedge
tyler durden 10/19/2018

[excerpt]

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-19/chinas-next-revolution-horizon

Authored by Charles Hugh Smith via OfTwoMinds blog,

The Mandate of Heaven will be withdrawn, and the autocratic regime overthrown.

The absolute confidence that China's political structure is permanent and forever is reminiscent of the absolute confidence in the 1980s that the USSR's political structure was permanent and forever. But the social contract that undergirds the Communist Party's absolute power in China is fast-eroding, and those who understand Chinese history sense the winds of change have shifted and the next revolution in China is already darkening the horizon.

The story starts in the Song Dynasty, which reached its zenith in the mid-1200s.

I've been pondering the excellent 1964 history of the Southern Song Dynasty's capital of Hangzhou, Daily Life in China on the Eve of the Mongol Invasion, 1250-1276 by Jacques Gernet, in light of the Chinese government's unprecedented "Social Credit Score" system, which I wrote about in May 2018: Kafka's Nightmare Emerges: China's "Social Credit Score".

The scope of this surveillance is so broad and pervasive that it borders on science fiction: Inside China’s Dystopian Dreams (NY Times)

@Absalom
--------------------------------
Smith is entitled to his opinion yet history hardly supports it
China, Dynastic from the Shang in 1480 BC to the Ching (Manchu) in 1912 AD;
some 34 centuries; has been continuously ruled by divine right authoritarians;
followed by 100 years of dictators and strong men, from Sun Yat-sen to
Chiang Kai-sheik to Mao Tze-tung to Jao En-lie to the present.
As a consequence, their culture is massively introverted, never inhibiting the
creative and innovative impulses necessary for a nation/state to thrive.
This is the core reason they cheat, lie and steal and are an insignificant threat to the world.

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 09:30:23 pm »
--------------------------------
Smith is entitled to his opinion yet history hardly supports it
China, Dynastic from the Shang in 1480 BC to the Ching (Manchu) in 1912 AD;
some 34 centuries; has been continuously ruled by divine right authoritarians;
followed by 100 years of dictators and strong men, from Sun Yat-sen to
Chiang Kai-sheik to Mao Tze-tung to Jao En-lie to the present.
As a consequence, their culture is massively introverted, never inhibiting the
creative and innovative impulses necessary for a nation/state to thrive.
This is the core reason they cheat, lie and steal and are an insignificant threat to the world.

Trying to mix economic freedom with political slavery is fundamentally incompatible. At some point one of the two is going to overrun the other. My bet is on the economic forces winning.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 12:23:02 pm »
Trying to mix economic freedom with political slavery is fundamentally incompatible. At some point one of the two is going to overrun the other. My bet is on the economic forces winning.

I also think those who are wanting religous freedom will win as well.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”