Author Topic: The Embarrassing Spectacle of Betomania  (Read 352 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Embarrassing Spectacle of Betomania
« on: October 19, 2018, 01:16:35 pm »
By Heather Wilhelm

October 18, 2018 6:30 AM

It’s enough to drive even the most mild-mannered Texan crazy.

Attention, journalists of America: Time is running out! You have under three weeks left to publish your last batch of over-the-top pre-election puff pieces on Texas Democrat/cross-country liberal sensation/wing-and-a-prayer Senate candidate Beto O’Rourke!

It is here that we must face the difficult truth: Barring a GOP-related disaster of some sort, O’Rourke — he of that ineffable “cool factor” and “special sauce,” at least according to easily impressed columnists at the Washington Post — is likely to lose big. According to the latest polls, Senator Ted Cruz leads him by anywhere between seven and nine points. Tuesday’s debate between the two, meanwhile, was so mismatched that O’Rourke’s best moment might have involved a random deer-in-the-headlights story in which he described how he “got to meet this blind squirrel who is slowly regaining its sight.”

In summary, this year’s Betomania — a somewhat weird phenomenon, as we’ll explore in a bit — seems set to disappear from view just as quickly as it arrived, at least in the Lone Star State. On one hand, this possibility warms my heart, given that in my neck of Texas, it has grown rather exasperating to have to wade through 15,000 blaring BETO yard signs when I’m simply trying to get a breakfast taco or four. On the other hand, I also feel a tinge of melancholy and regret about all of this, given that I never got my act together enough to print ironic t-shirts with the following brilliant slogan I made up all by myself: “You BETO vote for Ted Cruz.”

more
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/10/beto-orourke-media-coverage-embarrassing-spectacle/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: The Embarrassing Spectacle of Betomania
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 01:24:35 pm »

He better not come to my WhataBurger.  Love to give him a Diet Coke shower.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 01:38:34 pm »
He better not come to my WhataBurger.  Love to give him a Diet Coke shower.

Beto matters simply because the rest of the rat party leadership looks like refugees from Giza's western necropolis.

The left thinks the 18-24 vote is their holy grail. If only they could tear them away from Call of Duty long enough to vote.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 01:47:29 pm »
Here's another embarrassing failure who has launched a tour touting failure as the objective in life.

'Fail doing something that matters to you': Wendy Davis tells first-years to learn from others' experiences

https://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2018/08/fail-doing-something-that-matters-to-you-wendy-davis-tells-first-years-to-learn-from-others-experiences
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 02:05:04 pm »
Francis was supposed to be the new Democrat. That is, a Democrat under 75 years old. But even his skateboard and his fake 'Beto' name didn't work. Calling himself Beto doesn't make him Mexican. Me calling myself 'Cool Dog J' doesn't make me Black.

"Betomania", another made up word, only exists in the minds of a few Liberal journalists.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 02:10:46 pm »
Francis was supposed to be the new Democrat. That is, a Democrat under 75 years old. But even his skateboard and his fake 'Beto' name didn't work. Calling himself Beto doesn't make him Mexican. Me calling myself 'Cool Dog J' doesn't make me Black.

"Betomania", another made up word, only exists in the minds of a few Liberal journalists.

Phoney 'Betomania' has bitten the dust.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 02:27:35 pm »
The Democrats pretend to be the stalwart guardians against what they call 'cultural appropriation'. And yet they themselves do it all the time. Warren is a fake Native American. And Robert Francis 'Beto' is a fake Mexican. Do as I say and not as I do.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 02:31:40 pm »
This from the article, which has also baffled me.
I have also noticed that a lot of the Beto supporters on Twitter don't live here.

Of the countless head-scratching elements of the O’Rourke phenomenon, one wins handily as the head-scratchingest of all: A troubling percentage of the Betomaniacs I have met in Texas moved here after fleeing places ruined by Beto’s favored policies. These locales are often expensive, increasingly dysfunctional, wildly overregulated, sometimes mystifyingly poop-ridden despite being wildly overregulated (here’s looking at you, San Francisco!), and inevitably run by Democrats. Why does no one seem to make this connection? I don’t know! One hero in Austin has taken to posting stickers around town featuring an image of a giant locust, paired with the following text: “I MIGRATED TO A THRIVING TEXAS FROM A LEFTIST [NIGHTMARE] AND NOW I’M VOTING FOR BETO FOR SENATE.” (The posters feature a word much worse than “nightmare,” which I’m not reprinting because I run a PG-13 column here.)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 02:32:44 pm »
Here's another embarrassing failure who has launched a tour touting failure as the objective in life.

'Fail doing something that matters to you': Wendy Davis tells first-years to learn from others' experiences

https://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2018/08/fail-doing-something-that-matters-to-you-wendy-davis-tells-first-years-to-learn-from-others-experiences

The Mole lady.  I remember her.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.