Author Topic: Why American conservatives keep losing  (Read 216 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Why American conservatives keep losing
« on: October 18, 2018, 01:47:24 pm »
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/17/because-liberal-ideas-dominate-the-schools-the-pre/

Why American conservatives keep losing
By Daniel Pipes - - Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban

By Daniel Pipes - - Wednesday, October 17, 2018

I had no answer when Maria Schmidt, a historian and adviser to Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban, recently asked me, “Why do you American conservatives keep losing to liberals?”

By conservatives, she and I both understand individuals who respect tradition while intelligently adapting it to new circumstances; those following in the legacy of Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan. Liberals are those who believe in each person’s unlimited capacity on his own to figure things out rationally, the heirs of Tony Blair and Barack Obama. This permanent political conflict pits building on tradition vs. thinking things anew. It’s recognizing 2 genders vs. 71.

Ms. Schmidt’s question took me by surprise because European conservatives typically envy their American counterparts for the money, ideas, media, votes, politicians and power they enjoy. While the Europeans are marginalized, the Americans ride high — at this moment controlling all the elected parts of the U.S. government, from the White House to state legislatures, plus the U.S. Supreme Court and other federal judges.

Despite this record, American conservatives face a profound structural problem: Politics being downstream from culture and liberal ideas dominating via the schools, the press, the arts and the churches, they suffer a permanent disadvantage.

More at URL above...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 01:48:06 pm by Fishrrman »