Author Topic: Biden: I hope Dems don't move to impeach Trump if they retake the House  (Read 171 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden: I hope Dems don't move to impeach Trump if they retake the House
By Brett Samuels - 10/17/18 06:57 PM EDT

Former Vice President Joe Biden said Wednesday he doesn't believe Democrats should move to impeach President Trump if they retake control of the House in next month's midterms.

"I hope they don’t. I don’t think there’s a basis for doing that right now," Biden told "CBS This Morning."

Biden, who is viewed as a potential 2020 candidate for president, argued that Democrats should let special counsel Robert Mueller conclude his investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election and issue a report on his findings.

He added that there are more pressing issues to address, such as what he views as attacks on unions and neglect of the Environmental Protection Agency.

"There are so many things to attend to immediately," Biden said. "Let's see where the investigation takes us."

Democrats need to pick up 23 seats in the House in next month's midterms to reclaim the majority.

Some liberals have pushed for the party to make impeachment a priority if in fact Democrats secure a majority, but party leaders have repeatedly said the issue is not at the top of their agenda.

Instead, top Democrats have said they intend to focus on campaign finance reform, and would launch investigations into issues involving the president if they took over the House.

Some party members previously moved to introduce articles of impeachment against the president, but the measure failed overwhelmingly.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/411962-biden-i-hope-dems-dont-move-to-impeach-trump-if-they-retake-the
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34