Author Topic: Audio Offers Gruesome Details of Jamal Khashoggi Killing, Turkish Official Says  (Read 805 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
By Carlotta Gall and David D. Kirkpatrick

Oct. 17, 2018

ISTANBUL — His killers were waiting when Jamal Khashoggi walked into the Saudi consulate in Istanbul two weeks ago. They severed his fingers and later beheaded and dismembered him, according to details from audio recordings described by a senior Turkish official on Wednesday.

Mr. Khashoggi was dead within minutes, and within two hours the killers were gone, the recordings suggested.

The leaking of such details, on the same day Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was visiting Turkey, reflected an escalation of pressure by the Turkish government on Saudi Arabia and the United States for answers on the fate of Mr. Khashoggi, a prominent dissident journalist who wrote for The Washington Post.

Fifteen days after he entered the consulate in Istanbul and was never seen coming out, the Saudis have yet to give an explanation.

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/17/world/europe/turkey-saudi-khashoggi-dismember.html
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 07:03:21 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
What a dilemma for President Trump.   We need the Saudis in so many ways, including with respect to countering Iran and its nuclear ambitions.   But they have acted like vicious mafia thugs that defy civilized norms.   A response must take place,  but at what cost?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
What a dilemma for President Trump.   We need the Saudis in so many ways, including with respect to countering Iran and its nuclear ambitions.   But they have acted like vicious mafia thugs that defy civilized norms.   A response must take place,  but at what cost?   

That's what the UN is for, right?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/recordings-jamal-khashoggis-fingers-cut-off-then-beheaded-dismembered

Recordings: Jamal Khashoggi's fingers cut off, then beheaded, dismembered
by Caitlin Yilek
 | October 17, 2018 01:28 PM

Dissident Jamal Khashoggi was savagely tortured and murdered within minutes of entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, according to details of audio recordings in Turkish media.

A team of 15 Saudis was waiting for Khashoggi inside the consulate when he entered on Oct. 2. It was the last time the journalist and former Saudi court insider who became at outspoken critic, was seen.

The agents immediately began torturing and interrogating Khashoggi , who was a Washington Post columnist, in the office of the Saudi consul, Mohammad al-Otaibi. Eventually they cut off his fingers, the pro-government newspaper Yeni Safak reported on Wednesday.

A Turkish official confirmed the details to the New York Times. “Do this outside. You will put me in trouble,” the consul can be heard saying in the recording, according to the reports. “If you want to live when you come back to Arabia, shut up,” one of the agents told Khashoggi.

Khashoggi was then believed to be dragged into the consul’s study next door and injected with an unknown substance as he screamed and struggled.

more at above link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

$110 billion deal lost over one bone saw?  Ridiculous.   
We finally have a President who understands that this is how you get stuff done in Saudi Arabia, because Trump knows how you get stuff done in NY...you pay off the mob who really run stuff. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump beat ISIS back, one uses the death of this journalist against Trump?

By the way, some editorial is still saying the best way to combat terrorism is to be partners with SA, better them on your side than against you.

Remind me of the 11th of September. Whose fault was that? Whose fault was Libya, the rise of ISIS.

Pretty sad to politicize this tragedy.

Trump could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and cut somebody's fingers off and he wouldn't lose voters,

Offline Frank Cannon

Trump should do nothing. Why in the hell does the Deep State want something done about some blogger commentator who was some foreign national mouthpiece for the muslim Brotherhood? I don't give a shit about this dead fat pig and neither does most of America. Move on.

Offline Frank Cannon

Trump could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and cut somebody's fingers off and he wouldn't lose voters,

Wow. Some real hard edged stuff. Guess the talking points handed out this morning were a little thin.

Offline skeeter

I don't see why this guy is more deserving of a response any more severe than was granted the killing of Otto Warmbier. He's certainly not more worthy, in fact being a Muslim Brotherhood member I'm actually less inclined to be sympathetic.

Besides a harsh statement there's not much more a president can do that won't endanger national interests.

Trump should do nothing. Why in the hell does the Deep State want something done about some blogger commentator who was some foreign national mouthpiece for the muslim Brotherhood? I don't give a shit about this dead fat pig and neither does most of America. Move on.

As long as you don't speak against the establishment you don't need to worry about them killing you AIR?  Fat Fing pigs defiling the King who bought 110 billion in weapons from Trump.  He's lucky he's the only one in his family who got silenced.

You're cool @Frank Cannon

Offline Frank Cannon

As long as you don't speak against the establishment you don't need to worry about them killing you AIR?  Fat Fing pigs defiling the King who bought 110 billion in weapons from Trump.  He's lucky he's the only one in his family who got silenced.

You're cool @Frank Cannon

The Saudis can kill all of their people in a brutal fashion and I don't give a shit. We have real countries like China and Mexico that are doing tangible things to undermine our country. 

The Saudis can kill all of their people in a brutal fashion and I don't give a shit.
Nobody expects thoughtful morality from you @Frank Cannon .  You can just say "I don't give a shit."

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Frank Cannon wrote:
"Trump should do nothing. Why in the hell does the Deep State want something done about some blogger commentator who was some foreign national mouthpiece for the muslim Brotherhood? I don't give a shit about this dead fat pig and neither does most of America. Move on."

Worth repeating because you're absolutely correct, Frank.

This muzzie was a muslim brotherhood member and quite frankly The West is better off that he's dead.

I'm not saying that we should thank the Saudis.
They ARE NOT "our friends" and never will be -- and anyone in this forum who believes otherwise is a fool.

One less radical muslim in the world.
That sounds good to me.

Offline TomSea

Though Muslim Brotherhood might look radical to us, I'm not sure if it is if one lived in those countries over there. Wasn't Huma Abedin also from a family that dabbled some in MB or one of those kinds of organizations.  Things are largely NOT secular over there and I'm not sure if MB in Saudi Arabia is going to be the same way as in Egypt. MB was established a very, very long time ago.

Saudi Arabia is sometimes called White ISIS (Daesh) vs. Black ISIS (Daesh), the terrorists we read about in the news.
He contrasted the behaviour and culture of Isis (black Daesh) with the state of Saudi Arabia (white Daesh). He began: “The former slits throats, kills, stones, cuts off hands, destroys humanity’s common heritage and despises archaeology, women and non-Muslims. The latter is better dressed and neater but does the same things.”

https://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2015/nov/25/saudi-arabia-white-daesh-is-the-father-of-isis-says-writer

Their beliefs spring from the same thinking between White and Black ISIS, that is Wahhabism, Black ISIS was even able to use some Saudi published books.

The Royalty, bin Salman has shown himself to not be trustworthy, this could even be taqiyah, we largely went over in '93 to protect SA against Iraq when Saddam invaded Kuwait.

This guy, Kashoggi, he's into radical Islam like some leftists are into communism, not really too much I'd say.

I will listen to what Rubio and Graham say.

Need we forget how many blame the Saudis for 911. It's certainly debatable. We probably do need them on ourside as they would be less dangerous but all the same, to keep an eye on them.

Offline TomSea

Frank Cannon wrote:
"Trump should do nothing. Why in the hell does the Deep State want something done about some blogger commentator who was some foreign national mouthpiece for the muslim Brotherhood? I don't give a shit about this dead fat pig and neither does most of America. Move on."

Worth repeating because you're absolutely correct, Frank.

This muzzie was a muslim brotherhood member and quite frankly The West is better off that he's dead.

I'm not saying that we should thank the Saudis.
They ARE NOT "our friends" and never will be -- and anyone in this forum who believes otherwise is a fool.

One less radical muslim in the world.
That sounds good to me.

Who killed more? The Nazis? The Communists? Or the Muslims? Your view isn't realistic and usually goes unchallenged because there is no way we are going to wipe out all Muslims.

The Saudis, to an extent are an ally against terrorism because they are the ones who exported so much through their building of Mosques in so many places, like Indonesia that teach radical Islam.

MB is in part a bogeyman and probably not nearly as bad as ISIS, al Qaeda and others. It would be something to study. ISIS did more damage in 3 years then MB has done since its inception.

Offline TomSea

Show of hands, Muslim Brotherhood started in 1928. Who ever heard of them 10 or even 5 years ago?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Muslim_Brotherhood_in_Egypt

Online rustynail

Muslims lie.

Offline berdie

I don't see why this guy is more deserving of a response any more severe than was granted the killing of Otto Warmbier. He's certainly not more worthy, in fact being a Muslim Brotherhood member I'm actually less inclined to be sympathetic.

Besides a harsh statement there's not much more a president can do that won't endanger national interests.

I totally agree. This is not the first journalist to suffer this fate.

Offline TomSea

They did this on their own diplomatic territory while Otto Wambier was a prisoner. One can say the 2 things are comparable. But...

The Russians and for that matter, the Israelis are known to carry out assassinations. They do it to someone on the street. If the Saudis wanted to make a hit, that is how they should have done it.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
ISTANBUL — One of the suspects identified by Turkey in the disappearance of the Saudi dissident Jamal Khashoggi was a frequent companion of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman — seen disembarking from airplanes with him in Paris and Madrid and photographed standing guard during his visits this year to Houston, Boston and the United Nations.

Three others are linked by witnesses and other records to the Saudi crown prince’s security detail.

A fifth is a forensic doctor who holds senior positions in the Saudi Interior Ministry and medical establishment, a figure of such stature that he could be directed only by a high-ranking Saudi authority.

If, as the Turkish authorities say, these men were present at the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul where Khashoggi disappeared on Oct. 2, they might provide a direct link between what happened and Mohammed bin Salman. That would undercut any suggestion that Khashoggi died in a rogue operation unsanctioned by the crown prince. Their connection to him could also make it more difficult for the White House and Congress to accept such an explanation.

The New York Times has confirmed independently that at least 9 of 15 suspects identified by Turkish authorities worked for the Saudi security services, military or other government ministries. One of them, Maher Abdulaziz Mutreb, was a diplomat assigned to the Saudi Embassy in London in 2007, according to a British diplomatic roster. He traveled extensively with the crown prince, perhaps as a bodyguard.

How much blame for Khashoggi’s disappearance or death settles on the 33-year-old crown prince has become a decisive factor in his standing in the eyes of the West and within the royal family.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/article/Suspects-in-Khashoggi-Case-Had-Ties-to-Saudi-13313193.php