Author Topic: Trump won’t take responsibility if Republicans lose majority in the House after midterm elections  (Read 611 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump won’t take responsibility if Republicans lose majority in the House after midterm elections
by Diana Stancy Correll
 | October 16, 2018 07:06 PM

President Trump said Tuesday that he won’t take responsibility if Republicans lose their majority in the House after the 2018 midterm elections, but simultaneously claimed that he was assisting Republicans' campaign efforts.

Trump’s remarks came during an interview with the Associated Press, where he said he is helping Republicans by campaigning for them and predicted that Republicans are “going to do very well” in the midterm races. He also said that the upcoming election “feels to me very much like” the 2016 election.

“I don’t believe anybody has ever had this kind of impact,” Trump said, when asked about his involvement in Republican campaigns.

But, in the event that Republicans do lose the House and Democrats seek to impeach him or launch investigations into his actions, Trump predicted that he will “handle it very well.”

Trump has participated in rallies all across the country to campaign for Republican candidates. Later this month, he is expected to campaign in Arizona, Nevada, and Texas.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-wont-take-responsibility-if-republicans-lose-majority-in-the-house-after-midterm-elections
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Why the eff should he? It's up to candidates to win seats. Not some third party.

Online libertybele

I think Trump has done very well.  The Senate surprisingly led by McConnell has stepped up to the plate and there seems to be a glimmer of hope there.  However, the House GOP has FAILED (again).  If they lose, it will NOT be Trump's fault but the fault of the RINO's and poor leadership under Ryan.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Why the eff should he? It's up to candidates to win seats. Not some third party.

That's what I was wondering when I saw the headline.  Trump bears no responsibility and he has probably campaigned more for Congress critters than any other President.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

If Republicans are losing their seats it can only be because they didn't do the things they told their constituents that they would, like repeal the ACA.  Dumbasses.

Offline Axeslinger

He shouldn’t.  He can take responsibility for his own foibles...but them losing either chamber is due to their own gutless dumbassery
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
That's what I was wondering when I saw the headline.  Trump bears no responsibility and he has probably campaigned more for Congress critters than any other President.

I can buy off on that logic, except if the GOP takes the house robustly, Trump will take all the credit.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I can buy off on that logic, except if the GOP takes the house robustly, Trump will take all the credit.

When planes stopped crashing Trump said this

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Since taking office I have been very strict on Commercial Aviation. Good news - it was just reported that there were Zero deaths in 2017, the best and safest year on record!
9:13 AM - Jan 2, 2018

He clearly thanked himself and nobody else because dammit, why does the President of the United States have to be strict when it should be their jobs.  Thank God for Trump protecting American travelers...especially business class. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I fully expect he will, catfish1957

To the winner go the braggin' rights.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.