Author Topic: President Trump will soon be coming to this Texas city to campaign for Ted Cruz  (Read 500 times)

Offline libertybele

President Trump will soon be coming to this Texas city to campaign for Ted Cruz

President Donald Trump is heading back to Texas — to Houston, this time — to help a fellow Republican.

Trump’s plans were announced Monday night, after he tweeted in late August that he would travel here to campaign for Republican U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, who is embroiled in a fierce re-election bid against U.S. Rep. Beto O’Rourke, D-El Paso.

His campaign said he will hold a Make America Great Again rally at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 22 at the NRG Arena in Houston.

“The President looks forward to celebrating the booming Trump economy that’s delivering new jobs and bigger paychecks to the hardworking men and women across the Lone Star State,” Michael Glassner, Chief Operating Officer for Donald J. Trump for President, Inc., said in a statement...........

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article219561765.html#storylink=cpy

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I don't think Ted is in danger, but this can't hurt.  I'm glad he's doing it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

I don't think Ted is in danger, but this can't hurt.  I'm glad he's doing it.

I'm not so sure.  It could go either way.  Some of Ted's supporters turned away when he announced he was voting for Trump and they felt he shouldn't have after Trump berated his wife and father and others felt just plain betrayed.

Beto has been ahead in all of the polls, and though I'm not a believer in polls, all of a sudden he's now ahead?  Could be fake news hoping that it makes the GOP complacent. 

This will be the race that everyone will be tuned into.  Cruz loses and not only will it be a huge victory for the DEMS, but it will be the end of his career.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

A New Yorker is coming down to drag a Texan across the finish line. That's gotta smart.

Offline libertybele

A New Yorker is coming down to drag a Texan across the finish line. That's gotta smart.

Considering what's at stake, not at all.

Offline Frank Cannon

Considering what's at stake, not at all.

I don't know. I have strayed on some of the Texas threads and if you are not wearing a ten gallon hat and spurs you are a Snowflake.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Pence fundraising for Cruz and another politician last week, the President has already campaigned down there, Don Jr. too. Teamwork is going to assure, Cruz can get over the finish line. Well done.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I'm not so sure.  It could go either way.  Some of Ted's supporters turned away when he announced he was voting for Trump and they felt he shouldn't have after Trump berated his wife and father and others felt just plain betrayed.

Beto has been ahead in all of the polls, and though I'm not a believer in polls, all of a sudden he's now ahead?  Could be fake news hoping that it makes the GOP complacent. 

This will be the race that everyone will be tuned into.  Cruz loses and not only will it be a huge victory for the DEMS, but it will be the end of his career.

No, no, no.  Beto has never been ahead and he has zero chance.  He's a fad and a phony.

And I don't think anyone turned away from Cruz because he voted for Trump.  Why would they?  Trump won and all realists should support him as long as he's President.

Offline thackney

...Beto has been ahead in all of the polls,...

@libertybele

Every Beto/Cruz poll I have seen was Cruz winning, but by low margins.  What poll showed Beto ahead?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/senate/tx/texas_senate_cruz_vs_orourke-6310.html#polls
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

Every Beto/Cruz poll I have seen was Cruz winning, but by low margins.  What poll showed Beto ahead?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/senate/tx/texas_senate_cruz_vs_orourke-6310.html#polls

I'm not a believer in polls; I'm going by the fundraising.  The headlines.  I have no doubt that there will also be some underhanded corruption going on in TX by the left...bank on it.

Secondly, the DEMS have concentrated their efforts in TX as they know what an upset this would be to the GOP and would almost ensure a win the majority in the Senate; and would definitely send shock waves.  They will have defeated one of the most conservative members of Congress...a huge feather in their cap.

IF they manage to turn TX blue, expect a blue wave.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 12:36:42 am by libertybele »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'm not a believer in polls; I'm going by the fundraising.  The headlines.  I have no doubt that there will also be some underhanded corruption going on in TX by the left...bank on it.

Secondly, the DEMS have concentrated their efforts in TX as they know what an upset this would be to the GOP and would almost ensure a win the majority in the Senate; and would definitely send shock waves.  They will have defeated one of the most conservative members of Congress...a huge feather in their cap.

Nah ... Texas is safe.  And the upcoming rally in Houston will energize the troops...the next line they wait on will be to vote!

And the wonderful side effect of the rallies the President's been holding is they energize those of us beyond the state and candidate he's campaigning for.  The troops know how to watch these rallies online .... live and Memorex.... and they're having the same affect the rallies at the end of the campaign in 2016 had.  We vote!  In droves!!  And we don't stop to talk to any stinkin pollster.   

@libertybele   :patriot:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

If you're judging by fundraising, Beto looks even bleaker.  The vast majority of money he's raised has come from out of state, from democrats like Soros.