Author Topic: 'I don’t think that was the case' that I was 'never-Trump,' Mitt Romney says  (Read 1495 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'I don’t think that was the case' that I was 'never-Trump,' Mitt Romney says
By Meghan Keneally GILBERT, Arizona — Oct 13, 2018, 11:19 PM ET

â€œI don't think that was the case,” Romney said.

“President Trump was not the person I wanted to become the nominee of our party, but he's president now. The policies he's promoted have been pretty effective. And I support a lot of those policies. When there's a place where I disagree, I point that out,” he said.

more
https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/mitt-romney-appears-recast-role-trump-movement-amid/story?id=58483412
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. What a slimy grease ball this Milt is.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
'I don’t think that was the case' that I was 'never-Trump,' Mitt Romney says
By Meghan Keneally GILBERT, Arizona — Oct 13, 2018, 11:19 PM ET

â€œI don't think that was the case,” Romney said.

“President Trump was not the person I wanted to become the nominee of our party, but he's president now. The policies he's promoted have been pretty effective. And I support a lot of those policies. When there's a place where I disagree, I point that out,” he said.

more
https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/mitt-romney-appears-recast-role-trump-movement-amid/story?id=58483412

Same exact bullshit we're fed here by the usual suspects everyday. :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline bilo

Why not just say, "yeah, I was a never Trumper. However, after seeing the policies he's pursued and how they have benefited the country I now support him."

There is no shame in saying you're wrong.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online corbe

Same exact bullshit we're fed here by the usual suspects everyday. :laugh:

:03:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Why not just say, "yeah, I was a never Trumper. However, after seeing the policies he's pursued and how they have benefited the country I now support him."

There are some that are incapable of saying they're wrong.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online DCPatriot

We ask that question multiple times each year in here.  By now, it's strictly rhetorical.   :pop41:

Romney is a putz.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline rustynail

McCain Lives!

Online DCPatriot

:03:

Well, it is.

Between the racking sobs, you read how they 'always' give credit (praise is too much a trigger word) to "Trump" when he does something that pleases them, etc..

Pulleeze.......    *****rollingeyes*****

Offline bilo

I know. I see it all the time.

Offline bilo

We ask that question multiple times each year in here.  By now, it's strictly rhetorical.   :pop41:

Romney is a putz.

How much responsibility are the Trump fanatics willing to accept? It sure seems there are a bunch of Trump supporters who are so fanatical that they insist on being "right fighters" to the point of pushing away potential allies.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
He wasn’t?  Interesting...... :pondering:

Transcript of Mitt Romney’s Speech on Donald Trump

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/04/us/politics/mitt-romney-speech.html
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 03:49:07 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online DCPatriot

How much responsibility are the Trump fanatics willing to accept? It sure seems there are a bunch of Trump supporters who are so fanatical that they insist on being "right fighters" to the point of pushing away potential allies.

Careful there....you're going to hurt yourself doing that.  Can't be good for your back.

wink777

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
LOL. What a slimy grease ball this Milt is.

Well, it's a sign of how popular Trump is with the electorate that he wants to grab some coattails.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

True dat, and they won't even allow themselves to think it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

If you read the question he was asked and how he answered it, I'm pretty sure he was denying being a leader, not NeverTrump, and in that much he would be correct.

Offline dfwgator

"I was wrrrrrr..."

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Romney's such a weasel.  He tries to minimize his opposition to Trump by saying that it's just that he preferred other candidates in the primary.  But in fact, it wasn't just that he preferred other candidates -- it's that after the Convention, when Trump was the only Republican running, Romney still didn't vote for him.  He cast a meaningless vote for his own wife instead.

What a sleazy putz.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900020076/mitt-romney-reveals-his-2016-presidential-vote.html

Offline Frank Cannon

If you read the question he was asked and how he answered it, I'm pretty sure he was denying being a leader, not NeverTrump, and in that much he would be correct.

Your right. Romney couldn't lead a brass band in a Halloween Parade.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Nah -- I think you're giving him more credit than he deserves.  I didn't see anywhere in the question or in his answer whether either he or the questioner focused on the "leader" angle.  Presumably, as the party's last Presidential nominee, he was going to be a "leader" by default as soon as he spoke out publicly on it.  And if you're giving a prominent speech about a candidate...that alone is the action of a "leader".  And actually, it almost would be worse for him to say "yes, I was a NeverTrumper, but I wasn't a leader." Because that would mean he was a follower, and that diminishes his stature.

It reads to me like he's denying being "NeverTrump" at all by trying to make it look like he just liked other people in the primary more than he liked Trump.  But the truth is he detested Trump, and didn't vote for him in the general election.

Offline RoosGirl

Your right. Romney couldn't lead a brass band in a Halloween Parade.

Halloween parade, as if such a thing exists.

Offline RoosGirl

Nah -- I think you're giving him more credit than he deserves.  I didn't see anywhere in the question or in his answer whether either he or the questioner focused on the "leader" angle.  Presumably, as the party's last Presidential nominee, he was going to be a "leader" by default as soon as he spoke out publicly on it.  And if you're giving a prominent speech about a candidate...that alone is the action of a "leader".  And actually, it almost would be worse for him to say "yes, I was a NeverTrumper, but I wasn't a leader." Because that would mean he was a follower, and that diminishes his stature.

It reads to me like he's denying being "NeverTrump" at all by trying to make it look like he just liked other people in the primary more than he liked Trump.  But the truth is he detested Trump, and didn't vote for him in the general election.

Bless your heart @Maj. Bill Martin , you've given *me* more credit than I deserve. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So, basically, he flipped on the one firm stance he's ever taken by denying he ever took the firm stance?

rrthree
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Romney's got more "meal" in his mouth than one of these can hold: