Author Topic: Hillary Clinton: Bill Clinton's extramarital affair with Monica Lewinsky wasn't an abuse of power  (Read 564 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Hillary Clinton: Bill Clinton's extramarital affair with Monica Lewinsky wasn't an abuse of power
Washington Examiner, Oct 14, 2018, Naomi Lim

[...]

"There are people [who] look at the incidents of the '90s and they say, 'A president of the United States cannot have a consensual relationship with an intern. The power imbalance is too great,'" host Tony Dokoupil said during Sunday's episode of the CBS show, a segment of which focused on the rise of women in politics ahead of the 2018 midterm elections.

"Who was an adult," Hillary Clinton interjected. "But let me ask you this: where's the investigation of the current incumbent, against whom numerous allegations have been made, and which he dismisses, denies, and ridicules? So, there was an investigation and it, as I believe, came out in the right place."

Lewinsky, now 45, described the dynamic she shared with Bill Clinton as "an inappropriate abuse of authority, station, and privilege" in an article for Vanity Fair in February in light of the #MeToo movement.

"There are many more women and men whose voices and stories need to be heard before mine," Lewinsky said. "There are even some people who feel my White House experiences don’t have a place in this movement, as what transpired between Bill Clinton and myself was not sexual assault, although we now recognize that it constituted a gross abuse of power."

More:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/hillary-clinton-bill-clintons-extramarital-affair-with-monica-lewinsky-wasnt-an-abuse-of-power

Offline Right_in_Virginia

All the jokes aside, this was an egregious and quintessential abuse of power.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
In the corporate world, it would have resulted in immediate termination for the man.  And I have seen this happen.  I even witnessed a guy who routinely afronted attractive women working for him, and when a manager below him was approached by one of her employees, she went to HR to report the infraction as she should, and management did nothing for nearly two years, when an independent firm came in to perform a 360 review, and the manager that advanced himself with women constantly was brought to task, he was terminated immediately.

What Clinton did with all the rapes he was a perp in at a minimum should have ended his political career and had him banished from sight permanently.  This is one deplorable that believe HR Clinton and Bill Clinton should be indicted, convicted and appropriately punished as two of the worst traitors in USA history for Uranium One.  They received a $145 million bribe into their faux foundation for allowing the sale of 20% of USA uranium to Russia.  Unbelievable!  What they did was far worse than anything the Rosenbergs did, and both of them were fried in the electric chair.

Until HR Clinton and Bill Clinton are brought to justice, there is no justice in America.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
All the jokes aside, this was an egregious and quintessential abuse of power.

It was and it was a sick and evil abuse of power.  The fact that Monica was a naive and hero-worshipping young girl did not excuse it.  It made it worse.

And it was not the first sexual abuse by Bill Clinton or even the tenth.  He was a serial abuser and probably still would be if he could get up the ... energy.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
And a pedophile.  How else to explain his 26+ visits to Epstein Island?

They should have the moniker The Deviant and the Defender!  I not sure there is anything Bill would do that the POS HR Clinton would not defend.

All the members of the Clinton Crime Family should be indicted, convicted and locked up never to be let lose.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
The high ground is gone guys/gals... It wasn't me that helped give it away.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 06:28:27 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....