Author Topic: Romney defends Trump’s policies as ‘effective,' disputes he led 'never Trump' movement  (Read 293 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Romney defends Trump’s policies as ‘effective,' disputes he led 'never Trump' movement
By Brett Samuels - 10/14/18 12:04 PM EDT

Utah Senate candidate and former GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney claimed Saturday that he wasn't a leader in the "never Trump" movement among conservatives, and said some of the president's policies have been "pretty effective."

Romney was asked following a rally in support of Arizona Senate candidate Rep. Martha McSally (R) about where he stands with President Trump given his fierce criticism of the president during the 2016 campaign.

"You led the 'never Trump' movement. I mean, what happened with that?" a reporter asked in a video posted online.

"I don’t think that was the case," Romney responded. "President Trump was not the person I wanted to become the nominee of our party, but he’s president now. The policies he’s promoted have been pretty effective, and I support a lot of those policies."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/411331-romney-defends-trumps-policies-as-effective-disputes-he-led-never-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

...this f*n' guy!!    *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

Well, Mitt,  perhaps your memory is failing you as you get older.  Maybe you didn't lead the never Trump movement, but you didn't exactly paint him in a positive light and your predictions of him were far from accurate:

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/full-transcript-mitt-romneys-remarks-on-donald-trump-and-the-2016-race-220176
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.