Author Topic: Swalwell blasts Trump for holding rally during Hurricane Michael: ‘NOPE NOPE NOPE’  (Read 660 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Swalwell blasts Trump for holding rally during Hurricane Michael: ‘NOPE NOPE NOPE’
By Chris Mills Rodrigo - 10/11/18 09:33 AM EDT

Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) on Thursday blasted President Trump for defending the president's decision to hold a campaign rally in Pennsylvania while Hurricane Michael was battering the Florida panhandle.

"Foolishly, I give Trump benefit of the doubt, assuming he's talking about the #HurricaneMichael victims who need help," the California Congressman tweeted.

"NOPE NOPE NOPE. He's justifying why he went to a rally rather than help victims."

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/410925-dem-rep-torches-trump-for-holding-rally-during-hurricane
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Weak.

How about substance, Swalwell? Any criticism of substance?

Offline Concerned

This guy seemed to think it was "wrong" for Presidents to campaign in the aftermath of a natural disaster:

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump
 Yesterday Obama campaigned with JayZ & Springsteen while Hurricane Sandy victims across NY & NJ are still decimated by Sandy.  Wrong!

4:01 PM - Nov 6, 2012

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline skeeter

This guy seemed to think it was "wrong" for Presidents to campaign in the aftermath of a natural disaster:

If I recall, victims in NJ were languishing without federal help, in the state Obama was campaigning in, long after the hurricane had passed. I think that was Trump's point.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 01:59:50 pm by skeeter »

Offline Night Hides Not

If I recall, victims in NJ were languishing without federal help long after the hurricane had passed. I think that was Trump's point.

If there's one thing I've learned over the past few years, it's never a good idea to ascribe the real motive for anything that comes from Trump's mouth...or thumbs.

:rolling:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Concerned

If I recall, victims in NJ were languishing without federal help long after the hurricane had passed. I think that was Trump's point.

The tweet I quoted was 8 days after Super Storm Sandy.  I suspect there was more federal aid in NJ by then than there was last night in Florida.  8 days after Sandy there certainly was FEMA support on the NJ barrier island where I have a house.

Of course, his tweet didn't reference federal help.  It specifically referenced campaigning by the President.  Just more hypocrisy IMO.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline skeeter

The tweet I quoted was 8 days after Super Storm Sandy.  I suspect there was more federal aid in NJ by then than there was last night in Florida.  8 days after Sandy there certainly was FEMA support on the NJ barrier island where I have a house.

Of course, his tweet didn't reference federal help.  It specifically referenced campaigning by the President.  Just more hypocrisy IMO.

Thanks for the info. David Axelrod couldn't said it better.

Offline mountaineer

Apparently, he wanted the president to fly to Florida and ride out the hurricane  while personally handing out bottles of water and flashlight batteries.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

If there's one thing I've learned over the past few years, it's never a good idea to ascribe the real motive for anything that comes from Trump's mouth...or thumbs.

Well he does have some rather famous business interests in Atlantic City, so there's that.

Offline cato potatoe

The president doesn't need to clear his schedule and micromanage a hurricane.  FEMA has 10,000 employees with  managers who can coordinate with the state and local governments.  Furthermore, the people of the region have normal IQs, so this isn't going to be a debacle like we saw in New Orleans.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The president doesn't need to clear his schedule and micromanage a hurricane.  FEMA has 10,000 employees with  managers who can coordinate with the state and local governments.  Furthermore, the people of the region have normal IQs, so this isn't going to be a debacle like we saw in New Orleans.

I'm not going to bash Trump for campaigning to keep the House and Senate out of 'rat hands. And I absolutely despise Swalwell. So creepy.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

How about trying to figure out the motive for what comes from a democrat's mouth.  That isn't hard at all.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

The President should not fly into an active hurricane.  I won't blame him for attending a planned event when there is nothing he can do about a hurricane.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 03:56:48 pm by Once-Ler »