Author Topic: Heitkamp says she was prepared to vote 'yes' on Kavanaugh until the hearing  (Read 1219 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Heitkamp says she was prepared to vote 'yes' on Kavanaugh until the hearing
By Michael Burke - 10/08/18 09:44 PM EDT

Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.) was prepared to vote to confirm Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh but decided not to after watching his hearing in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee last month, she said in an interview that aired Monday.

Heitkamp, who was considered a swing vote in Kavanaugh's confirmation process, told CNN that she had her office "begin to prepare a statement saying I was voting for him, up until that hearing.”

Heitkamp said she watched Christine Blasey Ford's hearing, then Kavanaugh's and then Kavanaugh's for a second time, with the sound off.

"We communicate not only with words, but with our body language and demeanor," she said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/410501-heitkamp-says-she-was-prepared-to-vote-yes-on-kavanaugh-until-the-hearing
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. Lying greasy whore. Can't wait till you are on the unemployment line in a month.

Online goatprairie

The honest truth (unknown to Democrats) is that no matter what was presented at those hearings,  most Dems were never going to vote for Kavanaugh.
Ford or no Ford, the ultimate vote would have most likely been exactly the same.

Offline RetBobbyMI

The honest truth (unknown to Democrats) is that no matter what was presented at those hearings,  most Dems were never going to vote for Kavanaugh.
Ford or no Ford, the ultimate vote would have most likely been exactly the same.
Agree.  It is for the Dems all about denying Trump, no matter who the nominee is or was. We’re sure to see it play out again. All the more reason the widen the majority in the Senate.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Frank Cannon

Agree.  It is for the Dems all about denying Trump, no matter who the nominee is or was. We’re sure to see it play out again. All the more reason the widen the majority in the Senate.

Exactly. That is why this broad saying whe was for it before she was against it is self serving bullshit in a vain attempt to bail herself out in this election.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I am certain the fine folks of North Dakota are smarter than what Heidkamp thinks they are.  For the next six years, Dems will continue their resistance abdication of responsibility because they are just that stupid, and they hate Trump that much.

When HR Clinton gets beat by Trump by a larger margin yet in 2020 than 2016, I think FINALLY the Dems might get it.  They still will not have any answers, because they have been selling the people of America down the drain for decades.

Americans will set a voting record in November.  It will be like a presidential year, that is how angry Republicans and Independents are for what the Democommies have done with their endless lies. 

Offline rustynail

Check her "body language and demeanor," while making this statement.

Offline dfwgator

Riiiiiight.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I was prepared to buy that Ferrari until I saw the price.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
So what it boils down to is the bogus charges gave her some cover for voting the way she wanted to vote all along. I think that was the main purpose of the whole charade all along, and any real damage to Kav and repubs was just a bonus. Schumer's failure to keep Manchin on board undercut the scheme, and hopefully the midterm results will show it all to be a monumental political miscalculation.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline skeeter

So she decided after watching a hearing with the sound off. Brilliant.

Too stupid to serve.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
So she decided after watching a hearing with the sound off. Brilliant.

Too stupid to serve.

A decent tip might have gotten the bartender to turn the sound back on...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
From @pookie18 's "Today's Toons" thread:

Confirmed: Unpleasant Facial Expressions Now Admissible As Evidence Of Guilt
Ruh-Oh, Pelosi Feinstein, Waters, Hillary, Warren and especially the Mooch, all guilty as hell!

Offline Polly Ticks

It is rather ironic that she watching a HEARing with the sound turned off.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Heitkamp says she was prepared to vote 'yes' on Kavanaugh until the hearing

Hey Heidi....Come November 6th....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Why can't these weak minded fools just tell the truth and say they were told to vote against him or else.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The story line:
"Heitkamp says she was prepared to vote 'yes' on Kavanaugh until the hearing"

The truth:
"Heitkamp says she was prepared to vote 'yes' on Kavanaugh until she fell in the polls"