Author Topic: Live Thread>>Hurricane Michael  (Read 9575 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Live Thread>>Hurricane Michael
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2018, 04:39:35 am »
Well I'm getting nervous about Michael now. They are calling for it to be overcast with a chance of drizzle Friday morning when it gets to us. I was planning on taking the convertible to work that day.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2018, 06:58:48 am »
@The Ghost, glad you're OK.  I was worried. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2018, 03:40:54 pm »
I saw aerial footage of Tyndall AFB this morning and it reminded me of what Homestead looked like after Hurricane Andrew.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #128 on: October 11, 2018, 03:42:58 pm »
My nephew is stationed at Tyndall Air base and he evacuated home to my sister’s house.  We have seen the devastation in Panama City, which is right across the bridge, so his family is worried about how their home on base has fared. The only news my nephew has gotten is to not return to base because there is significant damage.  I’m just happy his family is safe with us.

I wonder how much beach PCB will loose this time?  IIRC they lost almost 300 feet of beach in 1995 when Hurricane Opal hit.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline thackney

« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2018, 03:56:17 pm »
Dramatic drone video shows extensive damage to a school in Florida's Panama City, giving a sense of Hurricane Michael's ferocity. The video shows collapsed roofing and walls, scattered debris and mangled building materials.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hurricane-michael-drone-video-panama-city-florida-school-decimated-2018-10-11/
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2018, 07:23:04 pm »
I wonder how much beach PCB will loose this time?  IIRC they lost almost 300 feet of beach in 1995 when Hurricane Opal hit.

Doesn't matter.  The Army Corps of Engineers considers storms to be "unforeseen events" so they don't count when they measure success/failure/lifespan of beach replenishment projects.  Funnel some more tax money in..it's okay, they last FOREVER!!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #132 on: October 11, 2018, 07:54:37 pm »
Mexico Beach, FL: Before and after it was torn apart

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2018/10/11/myers-mexico-beach-hurricane-michael-reaction-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/hurricane-michael/

I couldn't get it to play (probably my computer), but the images I've seen are so heartbreaking and tragic.

I know that these people truly feel the pain of those devastated by Michael and understand how much work is ahead of them to get to their new normal:
https://coastal.er.usgs.gov/hurricanes/ike/photo-comparisons/images/Ike_PhotoPair_crystal_bch_TX_Loc2LG.jpg

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #133 on: October 11, 2018, 08:02:36 pm »
I couldn't get it to play (probably my computer), but the images I've seen are so heartbreaking and tragic.

I know that these people truly feel the pain of those devastated by Michael and understand how much work is ahead of them to get to their

I sure hope no one rode out the storm in some of those locations. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

« Reply #134 on: October 11, 2018, 08:17:48 pm »
Drone footage shows Hurricane Michael ravaged Florida town where it made landfall
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/drone-footage-shows-decimated-michael-ravaged-mexico-beach-florida-n919061

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2018, 08:23:32 pm »
I saw aerial footage of Tyndall AFB this morning and it reminded me of what Homestead looked like after Hurricane Andrew.

The eye went right over tyndall.  I was watching a sat view and the AFB was a all you could see of the coastline till it raced up and flattened Marriana on I-10
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2018, 08:31:32 pm »
The eye went right over tyndall.  I was watching a sat view and the AFB was a all you could see of the coastline till it raced up and flattened Marriana on I-10

Wow.  I'm glad you're ok though.

Offline thackney

« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2018, 08:32:38 pm »

10-10-18 Tyndall AFB, FL - Stadium Effect Eye with blue skies in Hurricane Michael

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ9dJ8uOn8I

! No longer available
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 08:33:22 pm by thackney »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2018, 08:35:19 pm »
Wow.  I'm glad you're ok though.

I was 40 or so miles west of that mess.  It was like sex with a fat chick.  Just hang one cuz the ride is going to be bumpy.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2018, 08:35:52 pm »
Drone footage shows Hurricane Michael ravaged Florida town where it made landfall
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/drone-footage-shows-decimated-michael-ravaged-mexico-beach-florida-n919061

They just build that town last week? All the construction looks minty fresh. Even the road looks like it was just done.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #140 on: October 11, 2018, 08:36:12 pm »
I was 40 or so miles west of that mess.  It was like sex with a fat chick.  Just hang one cuz the ride is going to be bumpy.

What kind of windspeeds were you seeing?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Silver Pines

« Reply #141 on: October 11, 2018, 08:40:26 pm »
:beer:  Just got power back.  A/C rules.

@TheGhost

That's the truth if it was ever spoken.  Glad you're all right.

Silver Pines

« Reply #142 on: October 11, 2018, 08:41:48 pm »
My nephew is stationed at Tyndall Air base and he evacuated home to my sister’s house.  We have seen the devastation in Panama City, which is right across the bridge, so his family is worried about how their home on base has fared. The only news my nephew has gotten is to not return to base because there is significant damage.  I’m just happy his family is safe with us.

@LilLamb, I hope the house made it through okay.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #143 on: October 11, 2018, 08:42:09 pm »
What kind of windspeeds were you seeing?

When the wind shifted as the 'cane passed us bout 50-60 and steady for about a 1/2 hour.  This thing moved fast....which was good. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #144 on: October 11, 2018, 08:46:46 pm »
When the wind shifted as the 'cane passed us bout 50-60 and steady for about a 1/2 hour.  This thing moved fast....which was good.

That's what I was hoping for when you told us you were going to batten down and ride her out.  Did you see that drone footage upthread?  There were a lot of houses swept off their foundations...just slabs left behind.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline thackney

« Reply #145 on: October 11, 2018, 08:49:25 pm »
They just build that town last week? All the construction looks minty fresh. Even the road looks like it was just done.

Everything was power-washed recently.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 08:58:57 pm by thackney »

Silver Pines

« Reply #146 on: October 11, 2018, 08:49:27 pm »
Well, crap, the basement just flooded, but it could be a lot worse.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #147 on: October 11, 2018, 08:49:37 pm »
@LilLamb, I hope the house made it through okay.

They don’t know yet , but have been told to expect the worst.  Here is a flyover of the base damage.

https://youtu.be/plUGQqJROJI
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #148 on: October 11, 2018, 08:55:25 pm »
They don’t know yet , but have been told to expect the worst.  Here is a flyover of the base damage.

https://youtu.be/plUGQqJROJI

Ouch.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #149 on: October 11, 2018, 08:58:41 pm »
That's what I was hoping for when you told us you were going to batten down and ride her out.  Did you see that drone footage upthread?  There were a lot of houses swept off their foundations...just slabs left behind.

Been viewing all kinds of video's. PC, Mexico Bch, Apalachicola.... What a mess.  If the damn thing could have just stayed a cat 2 it would have been a different story damage wise.

Oh well.