Author Topic: McConnell: 'We're trying to win seats,' says GOP will still challenge Manchin  (Read 644 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell: 'We're trying to win seats,' says GOP will still challenge Manchin

By Elissa Nuñez, CNN

Updated 3:08 PM ET, Sun October 7, 2018

(CNN)Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said the Republican Party will still challenge Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia despite his help confirming Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.
"We appreciate his vote for Judge Kavanaugh," the Kentucky senator said Sunday on CBS's "Face The Nation." "I think it was the right thing to do. But we're trying to win seats."
While McConnell said he appreciates Manchin's support, he also pointed out that he is "still a Democrat."
McConnell, like other Republicans, has harped on what he calls a "mob" of left-wing protesters as an issue in the wake of the Kavanaugh confirmation fight and with the midterm elections approaching. President Donald Trump made similar statements Saturday, saying at a rally in Topeka, Kansas, that "(i)n their quest for power, the radical Democrats have turned into an angry mob."

Hailing from a state that Trump won overwhelmingly and where Kavanaugh is favored, Manchin's reelection chances next month could get a boost from his vote for the judge. He came out in support of Kavanaugh on Friday, releasing a statement immediately after Republican Sen. Susan Collins of Maine, another key swing vote, said in a lengthy Senate floor speech that she too would back the nominee.

In so doing, Manchin, who also voted for Trump's first Supreme Court selection, Neil Gorsuch, became the only Senate Democrat to break ranks with his party.
more
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/07/politics/mcconnell-manchin-win-seats/index.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I'm still in shock that anything like that would ever come out of McConnells mouth.
The Republic is lost.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I'm still in shock that anything like that would ever come out of McConnells mouth.

It's donation season.

I mean election season.  Yeah, that's the ticket.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online mountaineer

What does he mean "will still challenge" Manchin? Patrick Morrisey, WV's current atty gen, has been challenging Mojo for months. Does this mean the RNC will offer Patrick some support?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
It's donation season.

I mean election season.  Yeah, that's the ticket.

The price of 'admission'...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley