Author Topic: Trump: Murkowski’s vote on Kavanaugh was ‘really unacceptable’  (Read 502 times)

Online corbe

Trump: Murkowski’s vote on Kavanaugh was ‘really unacceptable’

By Tal Axelrod - 10/06/18 05:43 PM EDT

President Trump called Sen. Lisa Murkowski’s (R-Alaska) “present” vote on Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the Supreme Court “really unacceptable.”

“I think she will never recover from this. I think the people from Alaska will never forgive her for what she did.” Trump said in a brief phone interview with The Washington Post shortly before Kavanaugh was confirmed to the Supreme Court by a 50-48 margin.

Murkowski initially stated she would vote “no” on Kavanaugh, citing “matters of temperament” and “demeanor.” She initially cast a “no” vote, but asked that vote to be withdrawn as a courtesy to Sen. Steve Daines (R-Mont.), who missed the vote to attend his daughter’s wedding.

The practice is known as a “pair between senators” and keeps the margin at that which would have resulted if Daines had been present to vote to confirm Kavanaugh.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/410244-trump-murkowskis-vote-on-kavanaugh-was-really-unacceptable
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

That is an understatement Donny.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
She's lower than moose shit.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online corbe

We all know she's a vengeful bi1ch, hope we don't need her vote on something important before 2022 similar to McCain's thumbs down on obummercare lite.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

We all know she's a vengeful bi1ch, hope we don't need her vote on something important before 2022 similar to McCain's thumbs down on obummercare lite.

Despite the MSM bullshit, we are gaining Senate seats in November. She will be irrelevant then and it would be a good time to freeze her ass out.

Online corbe

Do you really think McConnell will marginalize her, he hasn't yet and she's been there 8 years?   
   Give Mitch a solid +4 and he will still find a way to disappoint you, it's how he rolls and McCarthy in the House is Boehner v3.0.
   The more things change the more they stay the same.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
She's lower than moose shit.

She is an extremely odd person.  Can't figure out how she got elected.  Maybe Alaska is as crazy as Hawaii.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   Do you really think McConnell will marginalize her, he hasn't yet and she's been there 8 years?   
   Give Mitch a solid +4 and he will still find a way to disappoint you, it's how he rolls and McCarthy in the House is Boehner v3.0.
   The more things change the more they stay the same.

Dammit @corbe   Will you stop being a downer.  I am currently feuding with one of your pet hates on the forum.  Does that cheer you up at all?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I'm hoping we pick up several Senate seats. Murkowski can fade away. If enthusiasm remains high and Republicans get out and vote, I think there's a chance we can keep the House. Maybe I'm overestimating, but I like being optimistic for a change
Principles matter. Words matter.