Author Topic: It’s not over: Democrats vow to investigate Kavanaugh  (Read 1515 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
It’s not over: Democrats vow to investigate Kavanaugh
« on: October 06, 2018, 12:56:00 am »
It’s not over: Democrats vow to investigate Kavanaugh
by Anna Giaritelli
 | October 05, 2018 07:31 PM

Rep. Jerrold Nadler, the New York Democrat in line to become chairman of the House Judiciary Committee if Republicans lose control this November, said Friday he plans to open a formal investigation into allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh if Democrats take the chamber.

“It is not something we are eager to do,” Nadler said in an interview published Friday evening. “But the Senate having failed to do its proper constitutionally mandated job of advise and consent, we are going to have to do something to provide a check and balance, to protect the rule of law and to protect the legitimacy of one of our most important institutions.”

Nadler said there is evidence of a "whitewash" by Senate Republicans of an FBI investigation into several women's claims that Kavanaugh sexually harassed and assaulted them during their high school and college years more than three decades ago.

“We have to assure the American people either that it was a fair process and that the new justice did not commit perjury, did not do these terrible things, or reveal that we just don’t know because the investigation was a whitewash,” he added.

Nadler did not threaten to impeach Kavanaugh, who is expected to be confirmed by the GOP-controlled Senate Saturday as a result of the upper chamber's 51-49 cloture vote earlier Friday. However, the House Judiciary Committee would be the body that initiates any impeachment action against Kavanaugh.

With the ability to subpoena cooperation for a probe into Kavanaugh's teenage and college years, Democrats would have the ability to glean more information from the White House and FBI regarding what both parties said during the recent weeklong look into allegations by Christine Blasey Ford and Deborah Ramirez. Among the officials he hopes to hear from is FBI Director Christopher Wray.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/jerrold-nadler-vows-a-democratic-house-would-launch-investigation-of-kavanaugh
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 12:57:56 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

Re: It’s not over: Democrats vow to investigate Kavanaugh
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 01:31:22 am »
Maybe somebody should investigate all these Dems. I've noticed a very strong, sickening smell coming from Washington this past week.  It's coming from the Demorats.

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 01:39:16 am »
Maybe somebody should investigate all these Dems. I've noticed a very strong, sickening smell coming from Washington this past week.  It's coming from the Demorats.

That somebody had better do it while it can still be done.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 01:44:05 am »
I think Jerrold Nadler should be investigated right away.  It's not something we are eager to do.  Obviously there is evidence of a  "whitewash" by Senate Democrats.  Give us a day or two and we'll have a letter by an anonymous woman who can't remember date, time, place or the other attendees of the party but is certain that Jerrold assaulted her.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 02:04:42 am »

After tomorrow, Brett Kavanaugh will be a Supreme Court Justice.

If the dems can investigate one of them critters, why can't we investigate the rest of the motley crew... the democrat appointees, who have been pretty much of a disaster.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 02:34:56 am »
After tomorrow, Brett Kavanaugh will be a Supreme Court Justice.

And the Rats will just move onto the next shiny object.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 02:43:47 am »
Really scary part is they truly believe they'll get away with it, and why shouldn't they after all the partisan crap we've seen from Mueller, Comey et all.

They believe they own the FBI and DOJ lock stock and barrel.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 03:32:56 am »
Once the tables are turned and investigations of Democrats take place, this type of behavior will subside.

After all, they have a lot more to worry about than the GOP

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2018, 10:47:14 pm »
The current senate Dems are the worst assemblage of slimy reptiles  congregated in one place ever.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2018, 10:49:57 pm »
The current senate Dems are the worst assemblage of slimy reptiles  congregated in one place ever.

They really are.  But if they even try to attempt to investigate Kavanaugh now that he's seated, they will wish they'd never opened that particular can of worms.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2018, 11:09:17 pm »
Suck it Liberals...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2018, 11:13:26 pm »
They really are.  But if they even try to attempt to investigate Kavanaugh now that he's seated, they will wish they'd never opened that particular can of worms.
That is one Pandora's box that they will wish they never opened.

What I gather is they are simply appealing to their rabid base to whip them up prior to the midterms as Dems failed miserably to accomplish anything of substance.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 11:14:13 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2018, 11:22:03 pm »
Once the tables are turned and investigations of Democrats take place, this type of behavior will subside.

After all, they have a lot more to worry about than the GOP

Tables are turned?!? Wtf are you talking about? The GOP is at its height of power now, with all 3 branches and most state legislatures.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2018, 12:29:00 am »
And the Rats will just move onto the next shiny object.

RBG's replacement.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2018, 12:38:35 am »
RBG's replacement.

Everybody needs a hobby, @The Ghost.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2018, 01:56:26 am »
Tables are turned?!? Wtf are you talking about? The GOP is at its height of power now, with all 3 branches and most state legislatures.
do you know what the word 'Once' means?

Neither of us know when that will occur, but it certainly will.

Offline bilo

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2018, 03:13:48 am »
I think Jerrold Nadler should be investigated right away.  It's not something we are eager to do.  Obviously there is evidence of a  "whitewash" by Senate Democrats.  Give us a day or two and we'll have a letter by an anonymous woman who can't remember date, time, place or the other attendees of the party but is certain that Jerrold assaulted her.

Don't forget to mention the woman will get more than $700,000 from go fund me accounts and decide not to pursue anything once the hearings are finished.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2018, 03:17:00 am »
RBG's replacement.

Lets pray it happens after the mid terms and the Pubs gain 4 conservative seats!

That's going to be a show I'll need popcorn for.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2018, 12:30:07 pm »
Lets pray it happens after the mid terms and the Pubs gain 4 conservative seats!

That's going to be a show I'll need popcorn for.

Popcorn futures will be sky high in that event!

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2018, 12:36:07 pm »
The only way to do that is outvote the slime that put them there to make their minority even smaller.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 12:36:44 pm by RetBobbyMI »
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2018, 01:09:16 pm »
Let them investigate him.  They got nothing out of their initial volley and even had one of their own vote in favor of Kavanaugh to save his political hide.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2018, 01:12:50 pm »
Pelosi is so far gone she could not engineer an investigation of her last bowel movement if she fished it out of her toilet bowl.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2018, 01:26:46 pm »
Investigate Kavanaugh for what?  Democrats and liberals are out of control.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2018, 05:52:46 pm »
Don't forget to mention the woman will get more than $700,000 from go fund me accounts and decide not to pursue anything once the hearings are finished.

Dang.  How did I forget that?
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.