Author Topic: Patrick Morrisey Attacks Joe Manchin Over His Last-Minute Support For Kavanaugh  (Read 166 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Patrick Morrisey Attacks Joe Manchin Over His Last-Minute Support For Kavanaugh

Michael Bastasch on October 5, 2018
Republish
Reprint

West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey called Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin’s decision on Friday to vote to confirm Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Morrisey called Manchin’s announcement a “craven political calculation” to salvage his political career. Manchin announced his support for Kavanaugh, President Donald Trump’s high court pick, minutes after Republican Maine Sen. Susan Collins said she would vote to confirm the judge.

“Joe Manchin only votes in the interest of Joe Manchin,” Morrisey said in a statement issued Friday. “President Trump had all the votes he needed to confirm Judge Brett Kavanaugh, but Manchin waited – making a craven political calculation – in order to try to save his political career.”

“When it matters most, Joe Manchin is with Hillary Clinton for President, Chuck Schumer and Obama for gun control, and is voting with Nancy Pelosi for amnesty for illegal immigrants,” Morrisey said.

Manchin voted to move Kavanaugh’s confirmation forward in a procedural vote on Friday. Manchin’s vote came after the West Virginia Democrat spent weeks on the sidelines regarding Kavanaugh’s confirmation.

more
http://dailycallernewsfoundation.org/2018/10/05/patrick-morrisey-attacks-joe-manchin-over-his-last-minute-support-for-kavanaugh/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I don't blame him and hope he cleans Manchin's clock on election day.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

I don't blame him and hope he cleans Manchin's clock on election day.
Pat would be a decent Senator. He's been an outstanding A.G. But people here aee stupid enough to believe Mojo's negative ads about Morrisey's alleged ties to "big oharma."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org