Author Topic: Rush: Where’s the Common Ground with the Abnormal, Ben?  (Read 586 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Where’s the Common Ground with the Abnormal, Ben?
« on: October 04, 2018, 07:32:42 pm »

Where’s the Common Ground with the Abnormal, Ben?

Oct 4, 2018

RUSH: Now, a good friend of mine, Ben Stein… Ben Stein grew up essentially in the Nixon White House. His father was the Sounsel of Economic Advisers head honcho for Nixon, and Ben Stein is an independent. He’s a Hollywood actor, producer, writer, raconteur. He writes op-ed pieces for the American Spectator, and he has one here that’s dated today that’s entitled, “The Kavanaugh Beer Wars.”

I just want to share some pull quotes from this story with you, because he sets it up by pointing out that he and his wife have been watching that TV series The World at War. Now, where did that run? That’s old. That’s been on a while. Was it A&E way back during the Biography days or National Geographic or something? Maybe the World War II Channel, I don’t know, but have you seen The World at War? Well, it’s years ago, and it’s got actual black and white footage of World War II and some… (interruption) Yeah, yeah.

So he and his wife have been watching this, and he writes that they could hardly get through it without breaking down and crying at the atrocities that they are seeing, just the horrors of war. He writes, “Then I think of what the most august legislative body on earth, the U.S. Senate, is obsessed with: a teenage drunk’s high school yearbook’s inside jokes. These are what we are supposed to be examining until our eyes burn up in their sockets.

“Not the threat of nuclear war begun by Chinese hypersonic low altitude cruise missiles. Not the clear signs that Iran has put itself on the lip of becoming a nuclear power. No, we’re supposed to be guessing what a group of beer-swilling high school boys made up fake bragging about. Is this what we fought for?” writes Mr. Stein. “Is this what the Constitution means? That the legislature concerns itself with a 15-year-old girl’s allegations that she was touched lasciviously 36 years ago? Is this what equal rights means?

“The equal right to slander a man and wreck his family with zero evidence? Is this what our soldiers fought for in Normandy and Remagen and in the skies over Germany? Are we really in that estate? Where are the brains of the nation, to focus on a fairly typical high school spree instead of what we can do to help the teens of Chicago stop killing each other? What we have been watching, writes Ben Stein, “is the murder of an innocent human being and his family in order to win an election.

more
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/10/04/wheres-the-common-ground-with-the-abnormal-ben/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34