Author Topic: GOP gloom: Republicans predict House majority will be swept away by Democratic 'spending tsunami'  (Read 385 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP gloom: Republicans predict House majority will be swept away by Democratic 'spending tsunami'
by David M. Drucker
 | October 03, 2018 10:07 AM

Five weeks before critical midterm elections, House Republicans are outgunned and outmanned as a constellation of well-resourced Democratic groups dedicated to winning the majority overwhelm GOP defenses.

From financially flush super PACs flooding the zone with advertising to grassroots organizations directing money and volunteers to targeted races, around a dozen political groups are fueling the Democratic Party’s campaign to flip 23 seats and capture the House on Nov. 6.

In a toxic environment driven by discontent with President Donald Trump, the barrage has become too much to handle for the two groups manning the barricades for House Republicans: the National Republican Congressional Committee, their official campaign arm, and the Congressional Leadership Fund, their designated super PAC.

“Our guys are taking a beating,” Rob Simms, a Republican consultant and former NRCC executive director, said Tuesday in an interview with the Washington Examiner.

America First Action, a third GOP group and Trump's designated super PAC, is playing a limited role in defending the Republican Party's threatened House majority, with investments in 10 key races.

Democrats are challenging in districts from coast to coast amid a brewing blue storm sustained by a rebellion in America’s historically Republican suburbs. Women are the tip of the spear for Democrats, with their strong support helping the party build a durable generic ballot lead of more than 7 percentage points that suggests voters are poised to rebuke the House GOP on Election Day.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/gop-gloom-republicans-predict-house-majority-will-be-swept-away-by-democratic-spending-tsunami
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Ok. So we have an entire article based off of one quote from one GOP political consultant with an unspectacular record. I also see that it is using old polling to butress this week argument and then slamming Trump's PAC even though it makes no mention that Trump is barnstorming the country to record crowds and enthusiasm is higher than hell on the Right for a midterm that historically has it in the toilet.

This is more unicorn farts and masturbation for the chattering classes about a Blue Wave that does not exist.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Ok. So we have an entire article based off of one quote from one GOP political consultant with an unspectacular record. I also see that it is using old polling to butress this week argument and then slamming Trump's PAC even though it makes no mention that Trump is barnstorming the country to record crowds and enthusiasm is higher than hell on the Right for a midterm that historically has it in the toilet.

This is more unicorn farts and masturbation for the chattering classes about a Blue Wave that does not exist.

Haven't yet read the article but I bet I can guess which consultant!  Steve Schmitt.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

"Hillary has a 95% chance of winning."

Offline Frank Cannon

Haven't yet read the article but I bet I can guess which consultant!  Steve Schmitt.

Even worse. It's some no name guy who ran the RNCC a couple years ago.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

888high58888

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
Either we get energized as hell, or we lose it all.
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw