Author Topic: Collins: Trump's Remarks About Ford Were 'Just Plain Wrong'  (Read 3049 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Collins: Trump's Remarks About Ford Were 'Just Plain Wrong'
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2018, 09:33:59 am »
I am certain Senator Collins office phones, email, and regular mail is getting bombarded by angry constituents who want to know why predator Trump is mocking a woman who claims she was molested, and before an FBI investigation finishes and a Senate confirmation vote.  Because of this she spoke against President Trump.  Now her office phones, email, and regular mail is getting bombarded by angry constituents who want her shut up and take it.  I can't imagine why she'd want to endure this for another 2 years.  Don't be surprised if she announces her retirement after the GOP loses the governors seat in Nov.

Trump said in one of his speeches in the last two days, he has been falsely accused as well.

Anyway, Wall Street Journal is reporting the White House has seen the report and there is no there there.

It is not inconceivable that a billionaire, a well-known figure might be accused of something.

Funny, how we never heard about it until he ran against the Democrats, in fairness, yes, there were some allegations prior I believe if one looks it up.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2018, 09:35:23 am »
It really is like Glenn Beck said, time to admit Blasey Ford is not credible.

Collins is 75% a no-vote already with no comment from Trump. It's time not to play nice.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 09:48:38 am by TomSea »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2018, 10:22:03 am »
It really is like Glenn Beck said, time to admit Blasey Ford is not credible.

Collins is 75% a no-vote already with no comment from Trump. It's time not to play nice.

McConnell called for cloture last night. To me that means he's confident he has votes.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2018, 11:06:36 am »
Trump said in one of his speeches in the last two days, he has been falsely accused as well.
Mocking a woman is not OK, because Trump says he was falsely accused. :shrug: 
Anyway, Wall Street Journal is reporting the White House has seen the report and there is no there there.
I don't believe everything the WHITE HOUSE SAYS that I read in the fake news.
It is not inconceivable that a billionaire, a well-known figure might be accused of something.
Wut? What false accusation are you talking about?  Who accused Trump falsely?
Funny, how we never heard about it until he ran against the Democrats, in fairness, yes, there were some allegations prior I believe if one looks it up.
Heard about what?  The vague assertion of the President two days ago?  Seriously wut?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 11:13:38 am by Once-Ler »

• Technical
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2018, 11:30:41 am »
Mocking a woman is not OK, because Trump says he was falsely accused.

I didn't see it as mocking, although that is the media narrative. I saw it as Trump correctly pointing out flaws in her story.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2018, 12:13:08 pm »
He can tell the truth -- which I think Trump SHOULD have done -- without mocking her and alienating people who might otherwise have heard the message.

The usual suspects were probably already a ‘no,’ but there wasn’t any reason to give them an out for it.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2018, 12:14:33 pm »
I didn't see it as mocking, although that is the media narrative. I saw it as Trump correctly pointing out flaws in her story.
Did you watch it?
! No longer available
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 12:19:35 pm by Once-Ler »

• Technical
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2018, 12:18:42 pm »
Did you watch it?
! No longer available

Yep, just watched it again. Trump is 100% correct in this. He even starts out with "innocent until proven guilty".

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2018, 12:19:54 pm »
Yep, just watched it again. Trump is 100% correct in this. He even starts out with "innocent until proven guilty".
Can you understand why others view it as mocking?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2018, 12:24:59 pm »
Did you watch it?
! No longer available

LOL!  It was just as hilarious as the 2nd time I watched it.  Thanks.    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

• Technical
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2018, 02:03:36 pm »

:shrug:

I suppose, although I can see why the media wants people to think that.

Offline edpc

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2018, 02:24:07 pm »

Actually, he says ‘guilty - until proven innocent,’ which is hilarious, considering he spent tens of thousands on newspaper ads about executing the Central Park Five, before their trial.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2018, 02:25:15 pm »
I beg to differ, as I am convinced that Ford is lying but I also am convinced that Trump behaved very poorly -- not in WHAT he said, but in HOW he said it.  His message was distasteful because of the delivery.

I disagree.  I watched his comments and they weren't delivered distastefully.  He just listed the reasons to question Ford's version of things.  He didn't call her names or make faces or anything like that.  How should he have said it?

Offline edpc

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2018, 02:32:01 pm »
I disagree.  I watched his comments and they weren't delivered distastefully.  He just listed the reasons to question Ford's version of things.  He didn't call her names or make faces or anything like that.  How should he have said it?

Maybe not exactly mocking, but factually wrong.  He says, “Upstairs, downstairs?  I don’t know.”  In fact, she was very specific in her testimony  about going upstairs to the bathroom and being pushed into the room next to it.  Whether you believe her is another story.

You can hide all the rakes in a shed and lock it.  Trump will still find a way to break in, grab one, throw it on the ground, then proceed to stomp on it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2018, 02:37:19 pm »

Maybe not exactly mocking, but factually wrong.  He says, “Upstairs, downstairs?  I don’t know.”  In fact, she was very specific in her testimony  about going upstairs to the bathroom and being pushed into the room next to it.  Whether you believe her is another story.

You can hide all the rakes in a shed and lock it.  Trump will still find a way to break in, grab one, throw it on the ground, then proceed to stomp on it.

I didn't address my comment to you @edpc, and only because I know your mind is made up and nothing will change it.  What's that old saying about teaching a pig to sing:  “Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig”?  And, I am not calling you a pig; just using a colorful old saying to clarify my point.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2018, 02:38:56 pm »
The everyday attacks on Trump continue.

Trump was right about how he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue.

My opinions are not based on one politician, one party or the president.  They started with my mother.  She was a good woman who taught us manners and morals.  My opinion is based on what I see and hear.

When I think of what politics have become, government on both sides of the isle it makes me want to puke.  It is nothing more than classic high school bullying.

The clique that follows one person who can do anything and everyone must adore them.  They run around finding people to be victims so that they can continue their ugly charade and bully status.  I often wondered if these people grew up and out of it?  Based on politics I don't think so.

I wouldn't have written what I did if Trump has simply stated the inconsistencies in Blasey Fords testimony.  She should be called on it.  But Trump was clearly mocking.  Any time you change your voice and pretend to be another person it is mocking.  Immature.  Worthy of the High School bully club.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline edpc

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2018, 02:39:27 pm »
I didn't address my comment to you @edpc, and only because I know your mind is made up and nothing will change it.  What's that old saying about teaching a pig to sing:  “Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig”?  And, I am not calling you a pig; just using a colorful old saying to clarify my point.

! No longer available

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2018, 02:44:33 pm »

Distasteful is obviously a subjective judgement.

He could have said, "Dr. Ford is unable to provide key details about where this allegedly happened, when it happened, how she got there, or how she got home, but still claims she can remember a very minor detail about having had only one beer." 

Same facts.  Less mockery.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Hoodat

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2018, 02:51:19 pm »
But Trump was clearly mocking.  Any time you change your voice and pretend to be another person it is mocking.  Immature.

I disagree.  I do not believe Trump changed his voice to imitate hers.  He definitely was pointing out the inconsistencies in her story.  But I do not believe he was mocking her personally (although it would have been really easy to do considering her fake baby voice).

Trump did what Trump does best.  He played to his audience.  And in doing so, he could have gone much further than he did.  But IMO, he was careful to not cross the line.

The fact of the matter is that Ford lied under oath.  Whether or not she has been a victim of sexual assault in the past is unknown.  And based upon her complete lack of credibility due to her willingness to perjure herself before a national audience, I am no longer willing to give her the benefit of doubt.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2018, 02:56:01 pm »

Some people need to be mocked.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2018, 02:59:06 pm »
White House can’t explain disconnect between Trump’s views of Kavanaugh and Central Park Five
The president hasn't always been a proponent of "innocent until proven guilty."
Addy Baird
Oct 3, 2018, 3:28 pm   

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-central-park-five-kavanaugh-c2aeaf664f20/

Great, some talking points that Think Progress also makes,  show up here...

Watch how one phrases it though!  :tongue2:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 03:02:13 pm by TomSea »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2018, 03:11:35 pm »
The president hasn't always been a proponent of "innocent until proven guilty."

Think Progress had to go back to the days when Trump was a Democrat.  lol
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2018, 03:13:10 pm »

You don't sound like a real Ted Cruz supporter, lol.  Please don't throw stones at others, Cruz fully supports the President and has said so. Lol.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 03:14:24 pm by TomSea »

Offline edpc

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2018, 03:14:07 pm »

Trump was a registered Republican from 1987-99, even though he thought the Reagan tax cuts were disastrous.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2018, 03:17:37 pm »

Once a Democrat... and I don't care if one alters the equation that Trump has switched back and forth between parties. Point remains, Reagan was a registered Democrat.