Author Topic: Three former Kavanaugh clerks tell Senate they are 'deeply troubled' by allegations  (Read 755 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Three former Kavanaugh clerks tell Senate they are 'deeply troubled' by allegations
By John Bowden - 10/02/18 09:36 PM EDT

Three former clerks for Brett Kavanaugh who wrote the Senate Judiciary Committee earlier this year expressing support for his nomination now say they are "deeply troubled" by the allegations of sexual assault against Kavanaugh that have surfaced in recent weeks.

In a letter to the Judiciary panel reported by HuffPost on Tuesday, clerks Will Dreher, Bridget Fahey and Rakim Brooks add that an expanded FBI investigation into allegations from Christine Blasey Ford and two other women is merited.

"We write to clarify that, like many Americans, we have been deeply troubled by those allegations and the events surrounding them and were encouraged by the initiation of a formal FBI investigation," the three wrote in their letter.

"We hope, for the good of everyone involved, that the investigation will be independent and thorough," they continued.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/409598-three-former-kavanaugh-clerks-tell-senate-they-are-deeply-troubled-by
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 01:45:23 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I don't understand the point of this letter...I too am *deeply troubled* by these allegations but I didn't write a letter to Grassley....

Is there something you wish to report?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Attention whores?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Hoodat

Attention whores?

More like thirty pieces of silver.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Lindsay Graham said renominate if this first vote fails, go through the whole process again I guess.

Graham was a judge, this whole thing perturbs him. He probably knows more about everything with still a keen sense than about anyone over there. He knows the ins and outs, some of these guys and girls have information, "confidential" if that is the right word, that the rest of us do not know.

Offline endicom

I don't understand the point of this letter...I too am *deeply troubled* by these allegations but I didn't write a letter to Grassley....

It's never too late for a letter. Or so it seems.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
You can't tell what their position is. They say excerpts were read at the committee...

Silver Pines

@mystery-ak

Certainly not taxes.  They probably got cash in an envelope for their concerns.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@mystery-ak

Certainly not taxes.  They probably got cash in an envelope for their concerns.
That, or I wonder how soon they get some plum high paying position that they are unqualified for.

Offline skeeter

Stop the presses! Three clerks are DEEPLY TROUBLED.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I think the key is the sentence immediately preceding the highlighted sentence.  They feel their words were used "out of context", and wanted to clarify their position.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.