Author Topic: McConnell mocks story on Kavanaugh throwing ice during bar fight: 'What a bombshell'  (Read 360 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell mocks story on Kavanaugh throwing ice during bar fight: 'What a bombshell'
By Jordain Carney - 10/02/18 11:46 AM EDT

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Tuesday appeared to mock a report on Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh being questioned over allegedly throwing ice during a college bar fight.

McConnell, speaking from the Senate floor, said some of the attacks on Kavanaugh have been “trivial” and joked that The New York Times unleashed “a major story.”

"Get this, Judge Kavanaugh may have been accused of throwing some ice across a college bar in the mid-1980s, in the mid-1980s. Talk about a bombshell,” McConnell said.

He added that “one can only imagine what new bombshell might be published today or tomorrow.”

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/409451-mcconnell-mocks-story-on-kavanaugh-throwing-ice-during-bar-fight-what-a
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

Good. Fire back at such nonsense.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Who knows.....perhaps tomorrow, we'll hear about a cocaine smuggling operation involving China people.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Cocaine Mitch sure has found his juice lately.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
This turtle has fangs, dems!

Offline Frank Cannon

You know the Rats effed this up when The Turtle turns into Frank the Tank.

Offline bilo

Good. Fire back at such nonsense.

The one area McConnell has been excellent in is the confirmation of strict constructionist judges. I think he's gotten to the point where he's fed up with all the stupidity.

My concern is Flake, Collins and Murkowski. I think Flake is a no, since in his words, "Kavanaugh is to partisan." Of course, kagan, sotomayor, ginsberg and Beyer are strict constructionists. Collins and Murkowski could kill the nomination and the Pub hopes in the mid-terms in the process.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home